Water line fiberglass restore?

1999 Ranger Fisherman. Kids have been using the boat the last several seasons and obviously never wipe it down after leaving the water. There are times when they are able to leave the boat in the water for several days at a dock. I'm trying to remove the water line scum. Bar Keepers did a pretty good job of removing the scum line but it still appears dull. C Pic. Should my next step be using my buffer with a light grit polish and go over the area again. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The Works toilet bowl cleaner is the best I have found. I put it in a 1 gal. Garden sprayer. Spray down being careful of anything metal then risnse real good. It works great and only a few bucks a bottle. I have tried other brands and they are to thick to spray well

Captain John's Boat Bright Algae and Waterline Stain Remover works well also and is environmentally safe.
    Last edited by Menacer; 03-24-2021 at 04:08 PM.
    2006 Stratos 294 Pro XL.2005 Yamaha 200 VMAX 3.1L. 8" Hydro Dynamics Rapid Jack. Ultrex 112 I-Plot link. 2 Helix 10 Chirp Mega SI GPS G2N.

3. Member
    I've used The Works but still end up with a dull finish. Tried a small area with rubbing compound but still a dull look. I'm afraid to try wet sandpaper thinking I might go through the gel coat. Tomorrow I guess I'll try the buffer. T

3000 grit compound that finials as a polish and a wool cutting pad....finish with wax of your choice. You stated you were scared to use sand paper..? All “cleaner” items mentioned above really should not be used on “clear” gel.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com