New CX 18 SS Electronics???

Quick question for you guys. I purchased a New CX 18 SS and deciding on electronics. In stock I can go with HDS Live 9 at the Console and HDS Live 7 at the bow. I could also go with HDS Live 12 at the console and HDS Live 9 at the bow. They only have 1 9 in stock so the other unit will either have to be a 12 or 7. I obviously like the price point much better of the 9 and 7 but also don't want to regret the 7" screen at the bow if I were to go that direction. Any of you guys that have experience with these models and this setup please let me know your thoughts. Found this out yesterday and have to make a decision today if I want to be able to pick the boat up by Friday. Thank you guys in advance.

2. Member
    Buy as much screen as you can afford.depends in your type fishing. But bigger is better.

3. Member
    I agree with Bill, no one ever thought they went to big. I have 2 Helix 12’s and thinking of adding a Helix 15 just for Mega 360.

4. Member
    I had a 7 on the bow of my last boat. Too small, I'd go 9 minimum personally - especially since it's farther from your eyes.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pbaird View Post
    Quick question for you guys. I purchased a New CX 18 SS and deciding on electronics. In stock I can go with HDS Live 9 at the Console and HDS Live 7 at the bow. I could also go with HDS Live 12 at the console and HDS Live 9 at the bow. They only have 1 9 in stock so the other unit will either have to be a 12 or 7. I obviously like the price point much better of the 9 and 7 but also don't want to regret the 7" screen at the bow if I were to go that direction. Any of you guys that have experience with these models and this setup please let me know your thoughts. Found this out yesterday and have to make a decision today if I want to be able to pick the boat up by Friday. Thank you guys in advance.
    Dont get that 7, wait for a 12 if you have to, there are still some good rebates on Lowrance electronics so that would bring them a little closer together, YOU WILL NOT REGRET waiting for the 12!!