2000 21 foot SS extreme livewell

I've had a recirculator pressure issue in both live wells since last summer. I replaced the two 500GPH pumps with 1,000 GPH pumps. No improvement. Yesterday I took apart all of the plumbing, all of the hoses, opened all four florite valves, and checked all the drains for blockages. Everything is in good condition.

I tested the battery voltage and I was at 13.05, the voltage at live well pump plug was 12.85. Definitely some voltage drop.

When I run the life well pump directly to the battery it runs great.

I tried playing with the switches but way too many wires in that mess...

Not sure what to do.

Any recommendations?

2. Member
    I would like to rewire the power cables for each aerator, but I'm not sure where to make that connection.

3. Member
    You could wire the existing wires that come from the switch panel to a relay. Then wire the pumps directly to the battery through the relay. That way you wouldn’t have to mess with the switch wiring and you can wire the pumps directly to the battery. You will need a fuse or circuit breaker on the motor wiring though.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiNuts View Post
    You could wire the existing wires that come from the switch panel to a relay. Then wire the pumps directly to the battery through the relay. That way you wouldn’t have to mess with the switch wiring and you can wire the pumps directly to the battery. You will need a fuse or circuit breaker on the motor wiring though.
    That is a great idea.

I just finished my update today. I ended up running a 12 gauge cable from the battery to the circuit breaker. I remove the old jumper off of the circuit breaker. That gave me 12.9 volt right at the switch. Big improvement from what I had before, low 11s.

Then I pigtail the ground wire from the aerator pumps directly to my negative post, although I kept the old negatives connected as well.

So far so good, but I like your idea and I will give that a try if this this does not work. Although it seems to be working well right now.