Question Tournament recap video questions/request???

I know there are a ton of tournament recap videos on social media and YouTube now, however, I would like to know what you really want to see in these videos?

Fish Catches? Equipment? Thought processes? Patterns? Etc... I will be able to articulate just about anything with full transparency if there is interest. Working on my Smith Lake MLF Pro Circuit recap now.

2. Member
    GPS coordinates would be handy.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OkAce View Post
    GPS coordinates would be handy.
    Funny guy.... I did show on my Okeechobee recap the area I was in. Gonna do the same for Smith Lake.

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Some fish catches spice it up, but personally I don’t have to see the entire sequence. More interested in the structure being fished, thought processes for fishing there, equipment choices particular to that structure/pattern, etc. Some folks are good enough at speaking [interesting and well-spoken, that is] that just talking suffices in a tournament recap. But talking interspersed with some visual footage of key catches is even better.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

5. Member
    I prefer the why's and how's of the tournaments, whether it was good or bad. I like understanding the progressions and why areas were picked. A few fish catches are nice ad well.
    2009 Triton 21X3 250 Mercury Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    2 Lowrance HDS Live 12s at bow w/ Active Target
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and 12 at console
    2 8' Power Pole Pro Series

6. Member
    I'd like to see more about practice, how you broke down areas in practice. Ive always had that second guessing of going over fish with the wrong bait for the day in practice

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Some fish catches spice it up, but personally I don’t have to see the entire sequence. More interested in the structure being fished, thought processes for fishing there, equipment choices particular to that structure/pattern, etc. Some folks are good enough at speaking [interesting and well-spoken, that is] that just talking suffices in a tournament recap. But talking interspersed with some visual footage of key catches is even better.
    This is good but I'll highlight the equipment and thought process side.

Really like what you are doing with the tackle segments btw.

8. Member
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the feedback. I'm trying to put out fresh and new content that people have expressed that they truly want to see.

I think I enjoy the practice days more than anything - how the pros break it down. How much time is spent running around trying new things and eliminating water. That can be eye opening.

10. Member
    I'd like to see a recap from the minute you leave for the lake. What you think is going to work and why. What areas you think will be the most productive and then go into what actually worked. Also throw in some thoughts on why you think your original plan did or didn't pan out.

11. Member
    to me what separates a weekend warrior from the consistent angler is the decision on where to fish before even selected a bait. I know the majority probably use past history and many use swapped info, but the decision where to fish and the decisions on when to move or stay is what separates them. And in more detail than just seasonal patterns. After that is figure out then its on to bait selection, why that color, why that weight, how you choose that depth of the water column, did something in nature key you in to it, weather change, etc.

I'm not worried about rod/reel/boat/sonar/troll motor used. I always wonder the thought process.