Pre Rap Wiggle warts

Did the pre-Rapala Wiggle Warts come with clips or split rings on the bill and does it matter which you use?

It seems like I've seen them with both. There was so much variation in those things I honestly think Storm just used whatever materials they could get their hands on for the cheapest price.

Probably more toward the crux of your question, I think the thought is that the clip allows more freedom of movement so that they can more readily "hunt" so that's what I've always gone with on Wiggle Warts. I'm not sure if a clip really would allow more freedom of movement, and even if it did, whether that would really affect how the bait hunts or not.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply.That's what got me asking.I have gotten them both ways as well from e bay and various BBC members.I've never actually owned a new one right from them.

The earliest wiggle warts came in hard plastic cases. These came with split rings. The red label warts also came with split rings. The blue label warts and the suspending warts on the cards came with snaps allowing the baits to run better and allow easier tuning. To make them easier to fish I remove the split rings from the older baits and use Evergreen EWG snaps.

5. Member
    Interesting. I think I like the idea of a clip for these with the way they hunt through rock. I’ll probably be replacing the ones that have split rings.

I don't like split rings in general on lures, that gap they have seems to be always where my knot ends up on. I always take the split rings off and use snaps.