Motorguide XI 5 to Motorguide Tour Pro

Posted this in the TM section thought I would repeat it here:

I have an Allison XB21 2+2 that currently has a Motorguide XI5 on it. I have never been able to train myself using the electronic steering especially in the wind. I now have a Tour Pro on order. Wondering id the bolt holes will line up or that I'll have to drill new ones. Has anybody done this swap or how is the install on the tour pro in general.

I had an old motorguide hand steer on mine and switched to the tour pro and mine lined up. With all the different hole patterns the tour pro has for different mounting it shouldn’t be a problem
    97 Allison XB2003/ 250 Proxs

draketm can you post a pic of how yours is mounted on the 2003 and is yours on a quick disconnect,

Yea I’ll get some pictures tomorrow and no I wanted to use a quick connect but I didn’t like how the motorguide sliding one sat on the boat.
    97 Allison XB2003/ 250 Proxs

5. Member
    Well I got my Motorguide Tour pro via Fedex yesterday (Friday) allegedly directly from Motorguide. It was supposed to be here by Wednesday so I had taken the XI5 off my XB21 in preparation for it's arrival. Opened the box and found that the box that contains the mount and and other parts was missing. Well no tournament for me today. Probably won't hear from anybody until Monday or Tuesday. I contacted the vendor at 4:40pm on Friday and they said they would contact Motorguide via email.

6. Member
    Got the missing parts Friday, week after the main box arrive got the mount on had to drill all new holes, the XI5 holes did not line up. Compared to the XI5 this thing looks huge. Hopefully will get it calibrated Sunday and I will give a report how I like the new cable steering GPS vs the XI5.

7. Member
    Does the tour pro pedal fit in the well? How much does it weigh? Trying to decide between the MG and an ultrex. Thanks, Lars

8. Member
    Does not fit in the older XB 21 2+2 well. I have heard that the the newer 21's have a bigger well. That is my only issue so far I like it.

9. Member
    Did you drill new holes in the mount or in your boat?

10. Member
    Drilled into boat.

11. Member
    I don't understand why, when I bought my Allison is had 13 holes where the trolling motor bolted up. You got a $50k-$100k boat, drill new holes in your $500 mount.