Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I've had one rod from each line. The 7' 2" MH, MF (or F depending on where you look) and the Zolo Toadface. I preferred the Expride. It's not one of your options but in the Expride price range is the Megabass Orochi XX line and I personally like them more than the Expride and ALX.

2. Member
    i have a few exprides and a alx toadface. the exprides blows it away in sensitivity. The alx is a good rod but nothing special.

3. Member
    Amen reason 162 !!!
    I have had the opportunity to fish with both rods ... My opinion it’a not close EXPRIDE definitely.
    After hearing all the rave the past 3 years about the Exprides I finally tried one 6 months ago.
    Holy Mother ! I was blown away ... I have NRX , GLX , in the rod locker that damn rod actually fishes right with them side by side.
    The Expride fishes like a $400 rod and if you search you can find them for $200.
    Other than the obvious incredible sensitivity..the rods are balanced about as good as I have seen in 40 years of Bass fishing.
    They have some great models and you may have to hunt to find one ... Do yourself a favor and pick one up if you never fished one.
    They are super strong and made well !
    They remind me of the super sturdy feel of the original USA Cara’s... But allot more sensitive.
    I call it my Expride Experience! No BS
    2008 Stratos 201 Pro XL
    Evinrude 250

4. Member
    I have no experience with ALX rods, but think you would need to step into the ENOX for a more direct comparison with the Expride. I have some first and second generation Expride's and as other's have indicated they perform above their price point. Really fantastic blanks. It's hard to describe until you fish them just how special the spiral wrap blank performs...

I've since started building my own rods and will likely begin replacing my exprides with custom builds.

2018 LEGEND 211R | 250 MERC PROXS

5. Member
    Every Expride I have looked at says “made in China” if that is important to you. It is important to me.
    Phoenix 21PHX 250 SHO, Lowrance Carbons & Ghost & Active Target

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12