Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    We have C-Map Reveal for the Southeast in stock right now. It contains all the precision contour data from the previous State by State PCHD cards too!

Like getting $600 worth of PCHD cards for a little more than the price of one.

Roy
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service
    Power Pole - Lowrance - Garmin - DD26
    Regional Warranty Service for Lowrance Ghost, Garmin Force, & Power Pole

Phone: 704-762-9066 --- Text: 704-433-1373 --- roy@wackyriggers.com

3. Member
    How much are these Reveal cards? Interested in the inland lakes in the Southeast and the precision contour states?
    David
    2014 Ranger Z521C
    Fishing Lanier, Hartwell, Tennessee River & Coosa River

4. Member
    Are these maps compatible with older hds gen II units? I was looking at sharing it from my hdslive over to my gen ii units via nmea cable if possible

5. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    Map sharing is via Ethernet only and I highly do not recommend connecting Gen II units and Live units because of the legacy issues. Gen II do not have enough computer horsepower to handle the C-Map PCHD or Reveal cards without severe lag. Time to dump the Gen II units...sorry...
    R
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarrow View Post
    Map sharing is via Ethernet only and I highly do not recommend connecting Gen II units and Live units because of the legacy issues. Gen II do not have enough computer horsepower to handle the C-Map PCHD or Reveal cards without severe lag. Time to dump the Gen II units...sorry...
    R
    My understanding is that legacy mode problems are only encountered with Ethernet connecting. Not through nmea. I thought that i could share maps and waypoints through nmea and not risk legacy mode as long as I avoided Ethernet connection.

7. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    not true... Ethernet is the only map sharing connection.

and NMEA only provides one way push on create... not true waypoint sharing...

Ethernet is basically a requirement
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service

8. Member
    How accurate is there online viewing when looking at what lakes are covered? When looking at there online map for New Hampshire it actually looks worse than Navionics which is hard to believe.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

9. Member
    I have precision contour HD for Alabama and Tennessee, are these different in any way? The website looks like they are the same just a much better deal as the OP stated. The precision contour are $150/piece for each state and the reveal are cards are $170 for the entire Southeast region.

10. Scraps
    R
    Are Gen 3 with Live units OK? I'm kinda in this boat.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

11. Scraps
    Seems like the Reveal maps are about the same as the maps I've made of my bodies of water???
    2017 Phoenix 819

12. Member
    We have C-Map Reveal for the Southeast in stock right now. It contains all the precision contour data from the previous State by State PCHD cards too!

Like getting $600 worth of PCHD cards for a little more than the price of one.

Roy
    So Roy are the GA PCHD updates on this card? Or are they still working on it?

13. Wacky Riggers / BBC SPONSOR rbarrow's Avatar
    From what I have been told... yes... the PCHD data from GA is included on the SE regional Reveal card. Basically they merged all the PCHD data along with everything else to produce the SE Reveal card. The SE card is currently the ONLY Reveal card with PCHD data.

Outside of the SE, I am not sure what C-Map Reveal brings to the table over Contour + except for some shaded relief stuff that is OK but not very useful (IMHO).

Let's just say the team behind some of the decisions concerning C-Map has no real understanding of the inland US market or what we need as anglers. But... in spite of that... the SE Reveal card is golden....

as far as Gen III and Lives... they are fine together. Gen III and Ti2 are getting pushed a bit by the Reveal card (lots of data) but it works.... just not as fast as a Carbon or Live.
    Wacky Riggers
    Sales and Service

14. Scraps
    From what I have been told... yes... the PCHD data from GA is included on the SE regional Reveal card. Basically they merged all the PCHD data along with everything else to produce the SE Reveal card. The SE card is currently the ONLY Reveal card with PCHD data.

Outside of the SE, I am not sure what C-Map Reveal brings to the table over Contour + except for some shaded relief stuff that is OK but not very useful (IMHO).

Let's just say the team behind some of the decisions concerning C-Map has no real understanding of the inland US market or what we need as anglers. But... in spite of that... the SE Reveal card is golden....

as far as Gen III and Lives... they are fine together. Gen III and Ti2 are getting pushed a bit by the Reveal card (lots of data) but it works.... just not as fast as a Carbon or Live.
    Hard to keep up. Until four years ago my boat only had FLASHERS!
    2017 Phoenix 819

15. Member
    I would love to see what my home lake (Fork) looks like with the shaded relief but I have no idea how to look at the map online to see like I can with navionics. All it shows is shaded relief on "demo" lakes.. Ive put two calls in to CMAP with no call back, Also when i put the south central chip into my cart it starts at $170 then when i go to checkout it jumps to $190???

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tjbev13 View Post
    I would love to see what my home lake (Fork) looks like with the shaded relief but I have no idea how to look at the map online to see like I can with navionics. All it shows is shaded relief on "demo" lakes.. Ive put two calls in to CMAP with no call back, Also when i put the south central chip into my cart it starts at $170 then when i go to checkout it jumps to $190???
    https://www.c-map.com/chartexplorer/

Zoom In to the lake, turn on the shaded relief view.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

17. Member
    SoCal lakes look like the usual stuff low res.

- 2019 Ranger Z185 - Mercury 150 Pro XS

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelJ3 View Post
    https://www.c-map.com/chartexplorer/

Zoom In to the lake, turn on the shaded relief view.
    Thank you for sending that, i couldnt find it!

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by contium View Post
    SoCal lakes look like the usual stuff low res.
    Wait a minute, this is how it looks on the graph??? I thought it was just low res on the computer. This is fork, but there is no way i can be zoomed out that far to fish it. If i zoom in further it gets so low res its unusable!

20. Member
    David: Did you purchase one of these Reveal Cards for the Southeast lakes, just wondering if they have all the lakes, if some are missing and how are the results for the card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast