Wait for 2022 models???

I've been looking at 2021 ZXR20's and talking with my local dealer they are potentially 4 months out on orders. I'm not in huge hurry to pull the trigger so I was wondering if anyone had any insight on the 2022 models and/or if anything was going to change. I could wait until the summer to order and get it in the winter to be ready for next spring... Also I've never owned a skeeter before so any pros or cons for the ZXR20's or just skeeters in general would be greatly appreciated!

2. Member
    Looks like there is a new Yamaha sho that is suppose to be seen on this falls boats. So if you like new things I would wait, but if you don’t want to be the first to have them motors I would buy a 2021

3. Member
    Just came out of 2 Rangers, Bought a new ZXR. Fit and Finish is as good as both my Rangers. Interior layout is well thought out. Lots of features you pay extra for on other brands are included. I don't think your will be sorry. Not to mention the Yamaha SHO is a great motor.

4. Member
    I'd wait for 2022 and a 5 - 10 per cent price increase, if not more.

IMHO, If you can find a boat you like right now, and a price in your budget, buy it right now.

5. Member
    It is a seller's market at this point. Everybody is getting top dollar for their used good condition boats.
    Like what Pinkie said, everything around us seems to be going up in price. The cost of new materials
    for building has skyrocketed. I ordered a new truck this week, the sales manager told me it could be
    from 60 days to 120 days for it's arrival. (I wanted a long-bed) He stated that the car manufacturers
    are waiting on computer chips to finish out new vehicles. Seems like the boating industry isn't the only
    folks waiting on parts. Good Luck on your decision!

6. Member
    As others have said if you can find a boat at a dealer then go for it but that is very hard to do unless the dealer got a last minute cancel, you're willing to travel or you're very lucky. Keep in mind you might not get the warranty promotion though. I've been waiting since January for my ZX225 that the dealer ordered for their stock. My dealer cancelled the rest of their 2021 orders and are going to just order the 2022 models that will be coming later in the summer. Most likely won't be any major changes in the line up and if you wait until the fall Skeeter will bring back the rebate and Yamaha will bring back the warranty promotion as well. As for a seller's market that depends. Lot's of used boats out there but it's easier to finance a new one. I just sold my 2018 ZX200 and it took a while, I had to take less then I wanted and dealers don't want to give you anything for trade in.
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA