6 inch jack plate
    24 raker
    54 mph
    5400rpm
    3.0 prop to pad
    No water psi gauge cavitation plate barely above water at WOT
    Rooster tail at cowl height

Probably going to go up 1/4 inch next run, couldn't get rpms over 5400

Any thoughts to get some more speed out of this boat?
    Last edited by Bluethunder8585; 03-22-2021 at 08:40 PM.

2. Pat Goff
    I've yet to find a raker out of the box that didn't need some work done to it.
    You're probably too high for that prop now, raising it won't be your fix. Go ahead and find out what too high, and too low is, when you find best, then send it to Mark on prop page or Josh at Steves on Fork and let them go to work on it, the difference is usually dramatic.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pmgoffjr View Post
    I've yet to find a raker out of the box that didn't need some work done to it.
    You're probably too high for that prop now, raising it won't be your fix. Go ahead and find out what too high, and too low is, when you find best, then send it to Mark on prop page or Josh at Steves on Fork and let them go to work on it, the difference is usually dramatic.
    Thanks pat, i know you are full of knowledge. The rpms is what has me wanting to go higher I'm fulled trimmed and rpms just wont go up but i agree with you it seems like I'm the right height now. Will the prop work change rpms that much? The raker is brand new out box original owner ran a 21p for skiing never ran the raker.
    Last edited by Bluethunder8585; 03-22-2021 at 09:27 PM.

4. Pat Goff
    Your numbers are saying a lot of slip.
    Here’s a consistent tell tale on a raker motor height. When you’re running WFO and back off the gas a bit does the prop act like it found a gear and grabbed water? I’ll wager it does.
    A good prop guy will get your rpms and get the speed you want.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

5. Member
    I'm at 18% slip now, do you think if i send it to mark i could see a 5 % or more drop in slip? Is this realistic?
    Thanks for you help pat

6. Member
    Your numbers are saying a lot of slip.
    Here’s a consistent tell tale on a raker motor height. When you’re running WFO and back off the gas a bit does the prop act like it found a gear and grabbed water? I’ll wager it does.
    A good prop guy will get your rpms and get the speed you want.
    I'm at 18% slip now, do you think if i send it to mark i could see a 5 % or more drop in slip? Is this realistic?
    Thanks for you help pat

7. Pat Goff
    10% is actually very good. Anyone who thinks they can get 5% isn’t calculating correct.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

8. Member
    10% is actually very good. Anyone who thinks they can get 5% isn’t calculating correct.
    I may not have worded my question correctly, I'm currently at 18% slip after prop work what kind of reduction in slip would be realistic?
    Sry for confusion
    Thanks pat

9. Pat Goff
    10% is a very good goal.
    Every prop is different, too many times I've taken ten to the lake and gotten ten different results. One wants to run at 3", another identical prop wants to run at 4". What does that mean? It means if you want to reach potential on what you've got, it takes the time and effort to find what too high AND too low is. I get kinda pissed at too many internet experts who tell you put it *HERE* like that's written in granite. Almost as bad as speed claims that are unrealistic.

I want to set my boat up like I'm going to fish, two people, tank full of gas, all my gear. Set it up light, and it'll fall on its face when loaded, every single time. Fish n skis are more of a challenge, because they typically carry more weight forward than the same bass hull, which makes them more lift challenged, and adjustments must be made to compensate.

So, let the boat tell you what it wants, not me.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder8585 View Post
    Thanks pat, i know you are full of knowledge. The rpms is what has me wanting to go higher I'm fulled trimmed and rpms just wont go up but i agree with you it seems like I'm the right height now. Will the prop work change rpms that much? The raker is brand new out box original owner ran a 21p for skiing never ran the raker.
    What numbers did you get with the 21? My thoughts are you are over propped with the 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluethunder8585 View Post
    Do not use engine height to change rpm pulled, use height to find the sweet spot for the most speed and handling. Then get the correct pitch to get the RPM correct
    Thank You Leon Pugh

12. Member
    Your max rpm's with that motor is 5750 so 5400 is not that low. If you want more rpm's get a 22" raker or a 23" tempest and that should get you 200-300 more rpm's. That hull needs the motor set lower than you have it now so you need to drop it down not go up to find some speed because you have all kinds of prop slip now.

13. Member
    Changed back to 21p today, ran 59mph with 5700 rpm seem like i was over propped thanks

14. Member
    See below

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wtailhunter57 View Post
    What numbers did you get with the 21? My thoughts are you are over propped with the 24.
    Yup