Youghiogheny Dam 3-22-2021

What a beautiful day. It hit 60 F today and the water temp floated from 45 F to 49 F. This may have been the first time I was on this lake and didn't fish as I am still recovering from some health issues. I was a passenger as my friend Mike from MD took me to ride along with him.

The lake is high but not extremly high. If your launch from Rt 40 at the bridge expect to get your back tires in the water.

The water is cloudy so visibility is very poor. Beware of all the logs and debris in the water.

Spent 4 hours on the lake and not one fish.

Spoke to other boaters that fished Sunday and today and they did the same. Talked to some shore fishermen down on the MD side. They said they were doing well. The were using large baitfish. I didn't ask but i think they were catching pike.

I am hoping to be able to do some fishing myself in another week if the drugs work.
    when you see this on the water stop and say hi.

2. Member
    I was out on Sunday and scraped up a few down in the Maryland section. Water was warmer and cleaner down that way. I saw temps from 40-48 at various points on the lake. The few I caught were out deeper after pounding the bank for a while. My guides were freezing up pretty good Sunday morning until about 10 am or so. It was 22 degrees when I launched in the morning.