1995 mercury 175 xri efi warning horn

Let's see if someone can help me out with this. My warning horn is going off as soon as I start the motor. I had the oil injection completely rebuilt 2 years ago. The last time I went out it started going off. I hooked the ears up to it and ran it for around 5 minutes in the yard. It's getting plenty of oil and it's definitely not overheating but the warning horn continues to sound. Does anyone have any idea why it would be doing this? Could it be the engine overheat sensor? Could the warning horn be faulty? Thanks!

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Your engine is covered in the 2.0/2.4/2.5L Forum, so I'll move the post for you.

If you would, please take a few moments to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Which horn are you getting:

Four Beeps, Pause, Four Beeps

SOLID tone

FAST BEEPING (constant)?

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Fast beeping constantly

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    That is caused by one of the following:

-Water in Fuel (for testing purposes only, disconnect wire from sensor in fuel filter and see if it beeps when key is turned on)

-Oil pump rotation fault (sensor, bad ground, warning module, drive gear, bearing/magnet, or loss of spark on one or more cylinders)

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor