chick for March 26-28

I heard it was super muddy this past weekend. what the prediction for this week leading into the weekend. I heard they were pulling it way back down. Is this true?
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

2. Member
    The local forecast is for rain Tuesday to Friday this week. TVA's operating guide does not show the lake levels starting to increase until April 1st, I would expect them to bring the levels back down to the operating guide. The lake went up almost 4 feet from last weeks rains and they will bring it back down closer to the projected levels.

Flooding in Chattanooga is a big issue this time of the year, the topography through Chattanooga is very flood prone. If the TVA does not have the storage above the Chickamauga dam it will lead to significant flooding in Chattanooga. This is why they changed the operating guide several years ago after a significant flood in the south side of Chattanooga (late 90's early 2000's). My son spent two days with the fire department evacuating people from the flooded areas. After that, TVA reduced the winter levels on Lake Chickamauga and has tried to stay on the guides.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDFD29 View Post
    The local forecast is for rain Tuesday to Friday this week. TVA's operating guide does not show the lake levels starting to increase until April 1st, I would expect them to bring the levels back down to the operating guide. The lake went up almost 4 feet from last weeks rains and they will bring it back down closer to the projected levels.

Flooding in Chattanooga is a big issue this time of the year, the topography through Chattanooga is very flood prone. If the TVA does not have the storage above the Chickamauga dam it will lead to significant flooding in Chattanooga. This is why they changed the operating guide several years ago after a significant flood in the south side of Chattanooga (late 90's early 2000's). My son spent two days with the fire department evacuating people from the flooded areas. After that, TVA reduced the winter levels on Lake Chickamauga and has tried to stay on the guides.

Thank you for the reply
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson

We'll be there the 28th through the 2nd, first time there, son's Senior Graduation trip, we're both pretty excited...
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)

Quote Originally Posted by PowerFish View Post
    We'll be there the 28th through the 2nd, first time there, son's Senior Graduation trip, we're both pretty excited...
    We are going up for the week too. Staying and launching in Dayton. Came and spent the week up 2 years ago when they were building the ramp in Dayton...it was tough then. I honestly expect the same conditions this time too...low water...and a tough bite.

Wishin' I was fishin'...

1990 Ranger 374v
    1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

7. Member
    Also this weekend is the high school Battle of Chickamauga. Huge tournament going out of Dayton. Should be great for the kids.

There is also a College Open that runs Tuesday/Wednesday that week out of Dayton. Would be nice to use that ramp, but not sure we can. We're staying at an AirBNB on Mud Creek.
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)