Rivers Rest Marina

This might be old news to some people, but it was news to me after an hour drive to get there this morning. Rivers Rest is undergoing serious renovations, and while the ramp is technically open, I would seriously advise you to launch somewhere else until they're finished with the renovations. The docks are a mess and borderline unsafe, there's no where to tie up on any of the new sections, and there is little to no parking area. I'm not telling people to not use it. I'm sure when they're finished with the renovations it's going to be awesome. I'm just saying until that is confirmed, launch elsewhere. I checked their website last night before I went, and there was no mention of any work on it. I sincerely hope they open their camping areas to more than just seasonal lots, as I would drag my camper there along with the boat for a week stay during the summer in a heart beat. Hope this helps anyone else. I was seriously wishing I had gone to Rt 5 this morning, but by the time I was there I figured I was going to ride it out.

b
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    2019 Mercury 250 ProXS 4S
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

I'm glad to hear they are fixing the place up, it had gotten bad the last time we were there, which was years ago.

3. Member
    What body of water is this marina on?
    We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children
    ><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'·.¸.·´¯'·...¸><((((º>'·.¸¸.·´¯'· .¸.·´¯'·...><((((º>

4. Member
    The Chickahominy River
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9

5. Member
    When it is completed it is going to be really nice. Here is the final project,
    https://s31832.pcdn.co/wp-content/up...t-1-scaled.jpg

It's not going to be anything accomodating at all for the bass angler...just a glorified campground from here on.

7. Member
    It does look nice. If it has a decent parking lot for boat trailers it wont be but so bad. Although camper wise, I just had a small seizure thinking about trying to tow my 37' travel trailer down the road to get there once you turn off Rt. 5.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades
    Lowrance HDS Live 12
    Lowrance HDS Live 9