Thread: Cover Question

Cover Question

My 2014 920 came with the old Attwood cover and I just upgraded to the new style cover. Does anyone have a photo or know exactly what hardware Phoenix mounts to the jack plate to connect the spring loaded hooks on the cover? I have an Atlas plate.

Thanks

They put “D” rings on my jack plate. I’ll try to post a photo in the next couple of days.
    Last edited by Phoenixed; 03-20-2021 at 08:33 PM.
    Phoenixed
    2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP
    Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega SI
    Humminbird Helix 12 Chirp Mega DI

3. Member
    I have a 2020 721 and put a bobs hyd plate on and just hook mine to the engine now the holes that are next to the trim ram if that makes sense

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tcfeedmill View Post
    I have a 2020 721 and put a bobs hyd plate on and just hook mine to the engine now the holes that are next to the trim ram if that makes sense
    Good idea on this. Although having the D-rings would be nicer. I might call Tim and ask for some. Not sure about drilling or tapping the holes though. ugh...
    When I changed my jackplate I also forgot about the D-rings. Now I'm stuck with an atlas without D-rings for the cover.
    2020 Phoenix 19PHX, Mercury 225 ProXS V8 fourstroke

5. Member
    I spoke with Jason at Phoenix this evening and he is going to send me a pair of d-rings. I was thinking they would mount to existing Atlas holes but if they need to be drilled and tapped I can do that too. If anyone has a photo of the factory install that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeller View Post
    I spoke with Jason at Phoenix this evening and he is going to send me a pair of d-rings. I was thinking they would mount to existing Atlas holes but if they need to be drilled and tapped I can do that too. If anyone has a photo of the factory install that would be extremely helpful.

Thanks
    Here you go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. Member
    Thanks! I decided to just through bolt them with 1/2-20 stainless bolts and lock nuts. They are rock solid for sure. Drilling through the side of the plate definitely takes some time!