Stupid Tube EWG Head?

I bought some 3.5 inch tubes from Get Bit Baits. Want to skip a tube under docks. Anyone got a favorite jighead with EWG hook that will fit these tubes? My previous experience with stupid tube rigging is it is hard to find a hook that fits the tube well and this leads to a lot of missed hook-ups.

2. Member
    I use the 3.75 zoom tube, and it seems a 3/O hook is the best. A.C.T lures make great jig heads.
    https://shop.actlures.com/Stupid-Tub...-Tubeheads.htm

3. Member
    I had a harder time finding the right hooks to rig stupid-style especially when I changed tube sizes. Finally switched over to an Owner Phantom hook you rig weedless and skip docks and haven’t looked back:

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/search-tackle.html?sort=no&start=0&count=30&searchtext=Ow ner+phantom+
    Attached Images Attached Images

ACT Lures stupid tube head is great. Been using them for years and he is a board sponsor here. You won’t be disappointed with what you can get from Paul at ACT Lures

The best I've found are the one by Secret Lures, the originators of the stupid tube. https://shop.secretlures.com/product...jig-heads.html

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 11pounder View Post
    The best I've found are the one by Secret Lures, the originators of the stupid tube. https://shop.secretlures.com/product...jig-heads.html
    Those are the ones I use as well. I generally use either 1/4oz or 1/8oz in the 4/0 size.

7. Member
    A sponsor here, A.C.T. makes some very nice stupid head jig heads. If you search, they have a thread with a good deal on them
    2016 Ranger RT188, Yamaha 115 sho, dual console, 80# Ultrex, hotfoot, networked HB Solix 10 & Helix 9, Mega 360. Powertech NRS3 18p, Atlas 4" jack plate.

Maybe I'm in the minority with this, but it took me a long time to figure out that this technique just has to be looked at as a power technique. Heavy line, lay the wood to them.

For whatever reason I had it in my head that it was just a weedless alternative to an open hook tube jig and that you fished it basically the same way with spinning tackle and like 10-12 lb line. I missed fish after fish after fish before I sat it down and forgot about it. It wasn't until I saw someone (maybe Zona?) fishing it on 20 lb fluoro that it clicked. It takes a lot to get that hook out and into the fish. I started fishing it on my Texas rig setup, braid to a 16 lb leader, and laying into them like I was fishing a Texas rig or jig. Jackpot.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

I have skipped LOTS of tubes under docks and overhanging veggies. I like a 3/0 Gamakatsu G-Lock hook with a tube rattle in the tube. I found it was important to ignore the rattle, as I've seen fish run away from it when it clicked. The aft center of gravity makes the tube do a spiral fall, which seems to be the key. I never used more than 10 lb copolymer and never had a problem getting fish out from under docks...except one, which I'm 90+% sure was a carp. It just swam away...and I got the hook back. Frankly, a wacky rigged GYCB 4" Senko skips better/farther. Same rod, 6' "heavy" with a fairly slow action...soft-ish tip gives better casting with light bait...spinning, of course.

I skidded a 5 lb LM out from between two docks on it's side with this rig. It never got any traction until I let it, once well clear of the docks. I'd be in trouble with a 5 lb. SM, but I've not found SM to hang under docks. Next to docks, yes, but not actually under docks.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.