Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar

New TSLA price targets

ARK just released their new price modeling for TSLA for 2025. I'm sure they will be laughed at again in the coming days like they were the last time they released their price modeling. Base case of $3,000, bull case $4000 for 2025 and their modeling doesn't include anything for Tesla Energy. Nothing for energy storage, autobidder, home and industrial energy solutions. Musk believes the energy side of thing will be as big or bigger than the car company.

https://ark-invest.com/articles/anal...rice-target-2/

2. Member
    Hope they are right since I own ARKK now and TSLA is their largest holding.

3. Member
    A lot of presumptions in her estimate. Why do they think Autonumous Taxis will be part of Teslas plan, Have they made mention to wanting to get into this market? I know you guys love Tesla, but honestly think VW, Ford, and GM will be taking bigger market shares of the EV then ARK is projecting. Good luck though even the Bearish estimates would be huge pay outs off of current prices.

4. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Musk himself talked about having an autonomous taxi fleet. It is definitely part of their plan. I do believe Musk is a little too optimistic on timeline though. Now once DOJO is up and running at full capacity, then it's game over.

The problem with other car manufacturers is that they are very late to the party. They are behind in battery technology and battery supply. There's only a few battery manufacturers and Tesla has alot of the supply locked up. So while their market share will obviously go up, since they are starting at or near zero market share, because their tech will lag, and their prices will be higher, Tesla will have the upper hand.

As far as autonomy, Tesla is many years ahead of the competition. Nobody else is collecting real world data on the scale of Tesla.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by boneil View Post
    Musk himself talked about having an autonomous taxi fleet. It is definitely part of their plan. I do believe Musk is a little too optimistic on timeline though.
    This for sure. I'm currently the project lead responsible for defining requirements and capabilities of the Army's next Generation Main Battle Tank. One of the capabilities we are looking at are different propulsion and power sources. The Army Chief of Staff went to Tesla facility a couple years ago to discuss the possibility of battery power for ground combat vehicles. Elon told him he could have a battery powered tank in 6 months!! No way, at least without any reasonable range or not requiring some massive recharge capabilities. I don't know if the Chief bought it or not, but he would always say.."Musk told me he could get me a battery powered tank in 6 months, what's the problem?" LOL.... He certainly shoots for the stars.

6. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    ARK just released their new price modeling for TSLA for 2025. I'm sure they will be laughed at again in the coming days like they were the last time they released their price modeling. Base case of $3,000, bull case $4000 for 2025 and their modeling doesn't include anything for Tesla Energy. Nothing for energy storage, autobidder, home and industrial energy solutions. Musk believes the energy side of thing will be as big or bigger than the car company.

https://ark-invest.com/articles/anal...rice-target-2/
    elon would split well before 2k imo

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by haftafish22 View Post
    elon would split well before 2k imo

There will be many splits. Nobody wants to pay 10K per share.

8. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Really good production and delivery numbers for Q1, well above estimates. Good chance they could beat full year estimates and hit 1 million vehicles for the year.

9. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article...mpression=true

A good easy to understand price model for TSLA. Notice, this model doesn't have as much revenue from FSD and ride hailing services. Still, comes up with a 15 trillion market cap in 2030, and uses the AAPL comparison that I have used to make sense of such a large market cap. I would be happy with half that in 2030. I simply want to 10x my investment in 10 years.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Interesting that TSLA is going to remove radar from their cars. According to Musk, vision has become more precise and radar is hampering the process in the neural network. Radar isn't always agreeing with the vision of the car so the neural network is getting conflicting information.

Amazing how on one side of the fully autonomous space, engineers of other companies say you have to have lidar, radar, vision and HD mapping to work while TSLA engineers are like, humans only drive with 2 cameras so why can't our cars. And while we're at it, our cars will drive with 8 cameras and be safer than human drivers.
    Thanos was the hero

11. Member
    https://seekingalpha.com/amp/article...mpression=true

A good easy to understand price model for TSLA. Notice, this model doesn't have as much revenue from FSD and ride hailing services. Still, comes up with a 15 trillion market cap in 2030, and uses the AAPL comparison that I have used to make sense of such a large market cap. I would be happy with half that in 2030. I simply want to 10x my investment in 10 years.
    -
    that’s a great read.........it makes my brain hurt processing it all but Definitely interesting!

12. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think TSLA earnings where a disappointment. What I took from the call was that things are a little more delayed than what was originally thought. The chip shortage has pretty much stopped the model S and X. And It sounded to me like volume production of the 4680 cell is being pushed back also. I'm thinking this may be a difficult year and we will see lower prices. Might even see a 5 handle again on share price.
    Thanos was the hero

13. Member
    I'm hoping for the $4000 a share number. We purchased two shares a couple of days before the split so now we have 10 shares. Base price was $459 after the split. Now it's at $738. $4K would be nice.

14. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I think we see 4K it might just take till 2025 or later. I'm holding for the dividend they will eventually pay from the energy business, maybe 2030. I think with this earnings report and other factors, I have this year to add substantially.
    Thanos was the hero