Precision Sonar Lockjaw Mount

Anyone tried this mount out that can weigh in? Specifically how these compare to the TH Marine Kong mount?

I’ve got a Precision Sonar smartbracket at my console, and universal mount over my trolling motor tray - no complaints with either of them after 3 seasons. I’ve got a ram mount for a second console unit mounted next to my throttle control, and it’s terrible at handling a 7” unit. I’ve now upgraded to a 10” unit and want a substantial mount in that spot. I was about to pull the trigger on TH Marine Kong mount, but then figured I’d check out PS and see if they had anything, looks like this product got released and I totally missed it.

Reviews and opinions, anyone?

2. Member
    Hard to compare at 3 times the price! Kong is King. Lockjaw looks solid, but is less adjustable and not a bayonet type mount for easy removing. I like Precision Sonar mounts, it just depends if you remove your units all the time and the amount of difficulty you have getting it exactly the angle and height you need. Kong is the ultimate in those respects, but it don't come cheap. JMO Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Hard to compare at 3 times the price! Kong is King. Lockjaw looks solid, but is less adjustable and not a bayonet type mount for easy removing. I like Precision Sonar mounts, it just depends if you remove your units all the time and the amount of difficulty you have getting it exactly the angle and height you need. Kong is the ultimate in those respects, but it don't come cheap. JMO Bob
    That’s a good point - I guess I’m a bit more worried about a mount just holding the graph solidly as opposed to infinite adjustability. Ease of taking on/off is also something I hadn’t really considered; I’ll have to take the unit off (or at least fold all the way down like I do now with a ram mount) in order to fit the boat cover.

Thanks for the input!

4. Member
    The removal is for security in my mind, but everyone's situation is different. Don't forget about the place you mount it. A solid mount and a large graph require a solid mounting surface. If possible use a backing plate and bolt through with SS hardware. Bob

5. Member
    Should mention there is a Mini Kong. Similar to the PS but still has the Kong quick disconnect mount. Similar price to Lockjaw. Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Should mention there is a Mini Kong. Similar to the PS but still has the Kong quick disconnect mount. Similar price to Lockjaw. Bob
    thanks again for the continued input - do you think the Mini Kong / LockJaw are capable of holding a 10” helix solid?

7. Member
    Yes

I have a balzout mount holding a hds16 at the console and it has yet to move on me in 2 seasons which is amazing because I really beat my boat up. I use lok tite and I take a pipe wrench to each of the knobs and basically hang on it to get it extremely tight. If you don’t do that it will loosen up. The mini kong looks nice but I’ve yet to use it. I don’t care about adjustment or removing the unit.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright