Headed south to Choke Canyon

I loaded this in the lounge about a week ago, just thought I put it here as well.

I got 6 days of fishing on Choke Canyon, how’s it been fishing? I figure post spawn with a mix of shallow and some deep.

I’m headed south March 27.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

2. Banned
    Lucky you won’t be there tomorrow, cluster f of epic proportions with the tournaments. Post spawn...

Be prepared to follow a line of boats down the bank on weekends, the lakes too low for the amount of people coming to it. Lucky for you, sounds like you’ll miss part of a weekend. If you’re coming on a Friday, Sat & Sunday, might change your days around.

Edit: I just looked at the calendar & realized that’s Easter weekend. Good luck!
    Last edited by grout-scout; 03-19-2021 at 12:34 PM.

3. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    I’ll get there sat night on the 27th and will fish till next sat the April 3rd.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

4. Banned
    Not so bad then, Easter Day should keep a few away. I think all the spring break kids are back in school by then too.

edit: looks like Easter is the following weekend.
    Last edited by grout-scout; 03-24-2021 at 08:27 AM.

5. Banned
    Looks like you’ll have a great day tomorrow, winds gusting to 39 out of the North.

6. Black Hills Energy Collin C.'s Avatar
    Actually on falcon instead, went farther south. Will put in at county ramp tomorrow at daylight.
    Bass Cat
    Eyra 300xs

7. Member
    Check in with James at Falcon Lake Tackle. If you don't read his fishing report you need to check it out. Just keep an open mind when you do. LOL

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin C. View Post
    Actually on falcon instead, went farther south. Will put in at county ramp tomorrow at daylight.

Might be smarter, you could always come back to Choke for a day or two. Honestly though, there’s so many people going there now (Choke), it’s hard to find anywheres to fish. Lake is wayyyyyy too small for the amount of anglers.