Pflueger Supreme XT antireverse?

I have a supreme XT that works fine until I set the hook hard. Then the majority of the time the anti reverse will fail for an instant then engage for the rest of the fight. Any ideas?

Might have some dirt in it, maybe some oil, maybe it's just failing. If you're handy you can take it apart and see what it looks like and go from there. Easiest thing to do would be just to find a replacement part and replace it. Found this listed on eBay after a quick search: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pflueger-On...kAAOSwK-NgIXOj About $12 shipped
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    Thanks man. I will open it up and see what it looks like.

4. Member
    So I ordered a anti reverse bearing from ereplacementparts.com and they sent the wrong one. Returning it for a full refund was done with no issue. Now my question is...Where else can I get a replacement bearing?

5. Member
    Send the reel back to the factory (new location in the Penn Tackle Mfg. Co. Philadelphia, PA) for repair or replacement. All Pure Fishing reels need to go to this location for service.

I just experienced the same exact thing fishing for big smallies on Lake Erie the first couple times out this spring. Happened sporadically, and feels like you are in back reel when it does happen. Asked a buddy who uses them as well and he says it has to do with the colder air temps. Not sure if this is true, but I've never had this issue in summer. Today it was in the 50s and I didn't have any problems, so maybe he's right.

7. Member
    Mine definitely happens though out the whole year...not just cold weather. But not every time either. I will try to clean it. If it does not work then I will throw it away. I will not spend the money to send it in to be repaired.

Have one going back for the same issue right now.
    Heartland of America
    2000 Ranger 520dvx
    2000 Mercury Optimax 225 - 0T136160
    --
    1997 Charger 395TF
    1997 Evinrude Vindicator 200 - G04296981 (E200STLEUB)