Thread: 202 to 210

202 to 210

I'm looking at Pro-V's
    And I guess I'm wondering some of the differences between the 210 and 202 aside from just the 9 inches or so.. I've noticed some models have the sponsons at the back whereas others do not? I thought it was a 202 vs 210 thing (and it may be) but I've seen both models listed with them.. which brings even more questions.. why did the manufacturer do this? If it is a differentiating factor from 202 to 210 then does the 210 really have more deck space? Or is the transom just extended out more to make the length? I am also curious how this changed handling since both models are fairly fast is there an advantage to one over the other at any given speeds?
    I've tried looking for this topic and I havent found it so I figured I would just ask the pros

2. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    The 210 is a bigger boat. The built in set back was added to help the boat's overall performance due to its increase length and weight and using a smaller jackplate. The 210 is 3-5mph slower than the 202 depending on load, set up, and driver ability. The 210 dues to its bigger size is the better big water boat of the two.

3. Member
    Guess I'm curious what the overall length of each is then..
    Also wondering why they didn't do the extended set back on each of them.. I have seen a few later model boats listed as 210s that are not the same so I'm not sure of that was a change for later year models or if it is simply listed incorrectly

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    202 is 20'2" and the 210 is 21'.

210 came out in 98 or 99 when Blazer first designed the model. The 180, 190, and 202 retained the same design through their entire life cycle up until they were all discontinued. The set back on the 210 was only like 4"-5", so it ran usually a 10" jackplate. The 180 didn't need a bigger plate than a 10" but the 190 and 202 performed their best with 15" plates. The 210 had more room in the console area and the front deck was bigger.

Why didn't they redesign the other rigs, that's question for Keith or Lonnie Craft, but the 210 was new rig and they felt the other models didn't need to be redesigned due to cost.