Thread: Thanks Ford

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    Or maybe Ford decided its more profitable to move out of states that aren't right-to-work?

I work and have worked at several Fortune 500 companies as an individual contributor, supervisor and manager. The numbers at all of them indicate Union facilities cost at least 10-15% more to operate (not including wages). My current and past experience is its probably closer to 25% when you add in wages and having to deal with some of the nonsense that can come with Union, particularly UAW, facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by John Cullum View Post
    No, I doubt that's it. You copied and pasted what suited your comment, nothing more. In the passed Ford has done a very good job of keeping products here. Things have changed. The UAW supported these changes. Make sense now?
    Where are seeing that the UAW supported these changes? From OP's article, the UAW does NOT support this move and is trying to fight it. Oh, and it's "past" not "passed".
    __________________________________________________ _____________
    2005 Lund Rebel SS 1650 w/25 HP Merc 4-stroke
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForceAngler View Post
    Where are seeing that the UAW supported these changes? From OP's article, the UAW does NOT support this move and is trying to fight it. Oh, and it's "past" not "passed".
    Sorry my reply would get me a vacation. By the way unless you're a caveman you missed "you" in between are and seeing. Grammer cop

4. Member
    He means the changes that happened last November that are helping Ford make this decision.

5. Member
    At least some of them will get a stimulus check as a consolation prize.

6. Member
    Will there be anyone left in Mexico to staff the factory?
    I was thinking same thing hahahahaha
    2014 Bullet 21xrs
    2016 Merc Opti 300hp Serial #1E053115

7. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Good for Mexico and a Mexican car company.

Meanwhile Tesla is building massive car factories in the US. I think Giga Texas is going to be the largest building in the world. Glad to see American innovation creating American jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by janky View Post
    He means the changes that happened last November that are helping Ford make this decision.
    Oh, ok. That makes sense now.
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

9. Banned
    Ford is looking out for Ford and they changed their minds because ....? I can’t say what I would like to say but maybe the people who are responsible for this can read between the lines? .... nah, they’re not that smart hence the existence of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    I guess if all the jobs move to Mexico, we’ll have to illegally enter their country for jobs, instead of vice versa.
    Entering Mexico illegally is not treated the same as entering the US illegally. The Mexicans take their borders seriously.

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

11. Member
    Will there be anyone left in Mexico to staff the factory?
    Lol....

M

12. Member
    All the while the Toyota engine plant about 40 miles from here announced a big expansion.

13. Member
    Nothing new . My 2014 chevy 1500 I had was made in Mexico

14. Member
    I just made a decision about a week ago that I have to replace my truck, best way to send Ford a message is to stop buying their products, I will not be considering a Ford. I’ll probably just stay with my RAM since I have well over 100,000 trouble free miles and counting. I know it’s almost impossible to purchase a truck that is 100% domestic, but I’m not going to support a company that is still moving our jobs out of our country.

15. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by itsahog View Post
    I just made a decision about a week ago that I have to replace my truck, best way to send Ford a message is to stop buying their products, I will not be considering a Ford. I’ll probably just stay with my RAM since I have well over 100,000 trouble free miles and counting. I know it’s almost impossible to purchase a truck that is 100% domestic, but I’m not going to support a company that is still moving our jobs out of our country.
    so buy one from foreign owned company...?
    Prints and more available at: http://BSPhotography.co/
    Digital downloads available at: https://licensing.pixels.com/profiles/1-brian-shoemaker
    IG: BSPhotographyZ9

16. Banned
    They are not moving our jobs .... “THEY” are

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Entering Mexico illegally is not treated the same as entering the US illegally. The Mexicans take their borders seriously.
    Are you sure about that? It would seem their southern border is awful porous, much like ours right now.

Quote Originally Posted by bdog7198 View Post
    so buy one from foreign owned company...?
    I own stock in Toyota, does that make me a foreigner?
    USAF 1985 - 2006 NKAWTG!

Quote Originally Posted by jbassman87 View Post
    Are you sure about that? It would seem their southern border is awful porous, much like ours right now.
    Just the North bound lanes

20. Member
    Im sure they’ll notify their share holders of your discussion. Just wait until the tax plan passes all your purchasing decisions will be made for you.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast