Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quiet generator.

we are looking at taking a trip to the Smoky Mountains with the kids this summer and thinking about taking the camper.
    most of the campgrounds i have seen or been at do not have electric sites. So im thinking of buying a generator to power the camper while there.

i really dont know a ton about the quiet generators out there now.
    can you all give me some opinions on which might be better to take a look at.

I have a Honda EU2200i. Quietest generator on the block during the last power outage.

They were just re-designed and have fuel shutoff (allows you to run the fuel out of the carb), bluetooth, and some other nice upgrades.

3. Moderator
    Honda has the quietest.

4. Member
    Honda but there’s others getting almost as quiet. Honda is really quiet in eco mode and the gas shut off is nice.

5. Banned
    I have a pair of Hondas. They are quiet, but not cheap either. Think it was 2k for the pair. If you are on a budget, and really don't plan to use them that often, try a Champion or a Firman.

Most will tell you Honda. I went with a 4500 watt Westinghouse. The 2200 Honda’s just don’t produce enough juice to run an AC, and the fuel tanks aren’t large enough to do it all night. I think I paid $1,100 for mine and it’s been great.
    ~Matt Miller
    23’ Phoenix 21 PHX - 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly View Post
    I have a Honda EU2200i.
    Me too!

Might want to check with the camp grounds to make sure they allow generators.
    2020 Ranger VS1782 DC
    Mercury ProXS 150
    Garmin 106 Ultra/UHD 93sv
    Ulterra Quest, 115/90

honda eu3000
    2011 Ranger z521/2023 250ProXS

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Mountaineer View Post
    Might want to check with the camp grounds to make sure they allow generators.
    Most places in the park allow them 8am to 8pm, but there are areas where they are prohibited entirely. No overnight AC or TV in the evenings. I like it that way, but some folks might not. Check with the particular campground as the rules vary slightly.

Be aware that dogs are not allowed many places within the park in case that is an issue for you. They are allowed in campgrounds.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    I also use the Honda 2200i. It works great for my Lance 825, plenty of power to run my AC. I especially like the Honda’s because you can run a supplemental fuel tank or propane, 5 gals of gas last for days. For quiet time, I also have a bank of batteries and a 2000 watt inverter built into the toolbox on my truck.

If you are a tight budget, I see plenty of the Harbor Freight predators out there. Everyone seems to be happy with them. Not sure how long they will last though, a Honda will last a long time.

12. Member
    Honda

13. Member
    1st question is how many watts does it take to run your camper?

14. Member
    I use a Yamaha 2400.Super quiet and lightweight and will run 8 hours on a gallon but it wont run the AC. You can get soft start for AC so it will .I wanted one I can pick up.

Honda
    2019 BassCat Puma FTD, Honda 250, Croxton Razor 4XL,Garmin Force, Power Pole Blades & Charge, Atlas JP, Ionic 36v Lithium, K2 Energy Lithium NoCo GenPro10x1, All Garmin Electronics with PanOptics LiveScope

jefflhoman.com

16. Member
    The size of the generator depends on what you will be running. I would go with a Champion generator (inverter), they are very quiet.

17. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    The size of the generator depends on what you will be running. I would go with a Champion generator (inverter), they are very quiet.
    \

I have a Champion Invertor on order
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

18. Member
    the predator generators from harbor freight actually have good reviews. might want to consider one if you are only looking to use it from time to time. I just picked up a 2000w from costco for $350 last week. Not as quiet as a honda but will do the job.

19. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    The champion 3500/4000w is rated as quite at the Honda and you could buy 3 for the price of the Honda, plus is available in dual fuel. Mine will be here tomorrow.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

20. Member
    Look into the new Cummins/onan generator. I bought a 3500 and it is quiet and has a key fob
    also. It will put out 30 amps so you can run a lot of stuff on them. I paid about $1,100 for it.
    Has a couple of nice features like a sliding handle and wheels. You might want to check to
    make sure generators are allowed a lot of primitive camping does not allow the. Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast