Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rangered View Post
    Look into the new Cummins/onan generator. I bought a 3500 and it is quiet and has a key fob
    also. It will put out 30 amps so you can run a lot of stuff on them. I paid about $1,100 for it.
    Has a couple of nice features like a sliding handle and wheels. You might want to check to
    make sure generators are allowed a lot of primitive camping does not allow the. Good luck
    You sure that isn’t a 4500? A 3500W generator isn’t going to do 30A and I’m not even sure they make a 3500.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

2. Member
    I bought one of these Generac portable models and would say they are just as, if not more quiet than the Hondas. These run $749 @ full retail. Runs our entire truck camper (A/C, Fridge, electronics) with ease. Also charges trolling motor batteries at midday, if needed.
    GP3000I

3. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    I have been using my Champion 3500/4000 seems solid and cheap through walmart.com, As a bonus it;s rv ready
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

4. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddy View Post
    I have been using my Champion 3500/4000 seems solid and cheap through walmart.com, As a bonus it;s rv ready
    That’s a pretty loud unit. Quiet generators in that size range are 5dB quieter.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

5. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    5 db is a lot, good thing I am hard of hearing. I take out my hearing aids and it's quiet.
    Last edited by Roddy; 04-25-2021 at 10:27 AM.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    That's a FACT.

My SIL bought one because it could run on Gas or Propane. First trip out with him and his Popup that thing was on my side of then Camper. Damn that thing was loud. I didn't get any decent sleep until it ran out of fuel.

7. Member
    Luke,
    Have you thought about setting up a couple of 180 watt solar panels with batteries and a good inverter. That would be the quietest option.

8. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdub176 View Post
    Luke,
    Have you thought about setting up a couple of 180 watt solar panels with batteries and a good inverter. That would be the quietest option.
    That's not going to run AC though.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

9. Member
    I've got a Predator inverter style and it's pretty quiet. So far it's been good and will run everything on my camper (30A) that I need to at once including AC.

10. Member
    If your running generators please stop calling it camping!
    Call it what it is Glamping or home away from home.

Thank You a old man who does neither but can still bass fish.

2011-721ProXp/250SHO

11. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdDavisKY View Post
    If your running generators please stop calling it camping!
    Call it what it is Glamping or home away from home.

Thank You a old man who does neither but can still bass fish.
    I have to have a cpap to sleep or I would go without the generator a lot. I rather not die during the night so I run a generator.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

12. Member
    I have to have a cpap to sleep or I would go without the generator a lot. I rather not die during the night so I run a generator.
    A CPAP only takes 50 watts or so. A small 200 watt inverter and one battery would easily get you through the night, maybe multiple nights. Charge it through the day with a solar panel. Even a quiet generator like a Honda outside gets old through the night. The built in ones are much quieter, but $$$$.

13. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drothgeb View Post
    A CPAP only takes 50 watts or so. A small 200 watt inverter and one battery would easily get you through the night, maybe multiple nights. Charge it through the day with a solar panel. Even a quiet generator like a Honda outside gets old through the night. The built in ones are much quieter, but $$$$.
    I need a different inverter then as I didn’t make it through the night two weeks ago.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC

Bring Back Gluten!!!

14. Member
    I need a different inverter then as I didn’t make it through the night two weeks ago.
    The inverter was probably fine, you just needed a bigger/better battery. If the inverter doesn’t already have one built in, one of the inexpensive Kill-A-Watt meters from Amazon would be handy to monitor your energy use and help you size the battery.

15. Member
    Yeti Goal Zero or similar ... CPAP perfect and zero noise or emissions.

For a generator, I've owned the same Honda EU2000i for a very long time.
    I'd be hard pressed to even consider another brand, only upsize if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12