Mega 360 Battery Consumption

I just ordered a new Vexus AVX 1980 without graphs that should be arriving late April. I intend to get all of my graphs and such in order so I can install when the boat arrives.

Ill be running a Helix 9 G3N Mega SI on the dash and most likely a Helix 10 G4N MDI on the bow. I also plan on adding a Mega 360 transducer. Will the cranking battery handle all of that or do I need to get a second battery to run my electronics?

I typically don't fish longer than a couple hours without running the big motor to recharge. On my current boat I'm running two hook 7s and have never had an issue with power consumption. Just not sure if that 360 transducer will draw more power.

Any help and input is appreciated. Thanks!

Jordan

Depends on the cranking battery. An AGM dual purpose in the group 31 size would do OK. You need two things, a battery that has the starting amp rating your outboard needs and able to preform as a deep cycle battery when the outboard is not running--something close to 200 reserve minutes.

The MEGA 360 requires a 1A fuse, so its load is about .5A

Also the Helix units probably have more amp draw than the Lowrance's.

If you fish more than you ride around, most don't run the outboard long enough to replace what is used to start the outboard.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL