Steering System replacement

My steering cables are froze up and I have decided it is not worth it to try and unfreeze them (lots of reading and talking to people). I have the old Teleflex system on my boat and have been advised to replace it with a rotary system. I have found the Rotech 2 13 foot (623-ROTECHII) with tilt for $445+ shipping. I am curious if this system will work with a 150hp motor or if I need to buy a heavier set up.

I just went through this exercise for a 1993 Javelin 379 with 13' morse cables. I thought it was going to be a easy straight forward job but after talking with folks it was clear there is more in labor than in cost of the replacement cables and new hub.
    I went with a Seastar Pro hydraulic kit from Pit Stop Marine who is a sponsor here on BBC.
    I'm going to upgrade my Seastar system in my 2003 stratos soon
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

3. Member
    Shop around and you can find a Baystar System (rated to 150 HP), new cables alone on a rack system are as much as a Baystar System. Seastar is for 150 and up, big V's, or twins.
    2023 SCB 20EF
    2023 SCB CC 210LR

I was advised by folks here on BBC to avoid the baystar units, but without supporting comments as to why. Well this week I was wasting time in a BPS and had the opportunity to look at 1/2 dozen boats all with hydraulic steering. 4 had Baystar, 1had a Seastar and the one Nitro Z19 had the Seastar Pro. Huge difference in the ram and pistons between the Baystar and Seastar units. The Baystar looks pretty light weight.
    Go with hydraulic steering and get the best unit that your budget allows
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P