I Need a Boat Ladder Fabricator

I hit 70 years old this past August and along with being overweight and psoriatiac arthritis and a messed up ankle I'm not as sure of my balance as I once was. I worry about not being able to get back in the boat if I were to take a dive. I have an All Aboard ladder but it would be impossible for me to use it. I don't have a jackplate and the ladder drops down under the boat at an angle that is completely unusable. A young friend of mine took a swim on a hot day and even he couldn't get back in with just the All Aboard ladder. I don't want a ski boat ladder that hooks over the side or one of the different rope ladders for boats that are available.

What I'm wanting is one of the chrome (or aluminum) ladders that attach to the sponson and swing down...the kind that was popular (like on Rangers) before the E-Ladder and built in ladders. As far as I know that there is not one I just buy and bolt on for my '06 Nitro 591. I'm hoping that someone here knows someone in the metal fabrication business, preferably in the central Okla area, that could make one for me. I don't want anything crummy looking, it's still a nice boat despite it's age and I want a ladder that looks just as nice but will get me out of the water when I need.

I appreciate all the help any of you can give.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

2. Member
    I have the ladder just like the one in the link below. I am also a big guy with psoriatic arthritis and i am able to use this ladder with no problems. It looks like a pretty universal fit. Might want to give it a look.

Pics of Phoenix Factory Ladder (bbcboards.net)
    2019 Phoenix 921 Pro XP/2019 Mercury 250 Pro XS 4 Stroke

Quote Originally Posted by jbradfishn View Post
    I have the ladder just like the one in the link below. I am also a big guy with psoriatic arthritis and i am able to use this ladder with no problems. It looks like a pretty universal fit. Might want to give it a look.

Pics of Phoenix Factory Ladder (bbcboards.net)
    Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking of. The Phoenix sponson looks close in size to my Nitro but I don’t have the flat spot. I’m sure it could be adapted. I’ll start shopping the boat dealers.

Thanks.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerFan View Post
    Yes, that’s exactly what I was thinking of. The Phoenix sponson looks close in size to my Nitro but I don’t have the flat spot. I’m sure it could be adapted. I’ll start shopping the boat dealers.

Thanks.
    I used the ranger ladder and had it fabbed up to fit my skeeter by Wright Welding in OKC. Cost me 70 bucks or so to get it bent and welded to fit and the guy took his time. I couldn't be happier.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

Quote Originally Posted by SkeeterStew View Post
    I used the ranger ladder and had it fabbed up to fit my skeeter by Wright Welding in OKC. Cost me 70 bucks or so to get it bent and welded to fit and the guy took his time. I couldn't be happier.
    Good tip I figured that no matter what ladder I use it will need some modifications. I should have guessed that you would know where to go in OKC.

How’s the Yamaha running? I still remember reading every word of your re-build thread even though I had no intention to ever do it. It was quite an accomplishment.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Haha! Glad you enjoyed the ride! That was good times. Still running strong and I think that was in 2015. We'll be pulling it out and dusting it off for the season here in a few weeks. I'm knee deep in a home remodel right now so I'm all out of free time.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

If none if the above suggestions work out, I had T-Fab out of Union City make some modifications to a couple boarding ladder brackets last month. He wasn't fast by any means, but was pleased with his work!
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

I bounced around all over town searching for a boat ladder for several days without success. I did get a name of a boat ladder manufacturer https://www.metalogicinc.com/ in Flippin Arkansas that will do custom work. I talked to a real nice guy named Kevin and we got a start on the project. I sent him pictures and measurements. Kevin said that it would be possible for them to make the mounting post a little long and I could have a local welder or fabricator finish it up. Or, I could make the final adjustments and ship it back to them and they would make the final welds for the mounting plates. Hopefully this will work out.
    Thanks for all the suggestions I will need them to finish and mount the ladder.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

DAA95FD2-E5D0-4249-A06C-1CCEE3B73775.jpeg
    I finally got my ladder installed. Had to tow the boat all the way to Metalogic in Flippin Arkansas to get it done. Very professional job and couldn’t complain about the price at all.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

It looks great Sooner, I hope you never have to use it.

Looks good
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175