Mega 360 and 2D DI problem

My set up up front is: Mega 360, Helix 10 G4N MDI+ with built in transducer in the trolling motor. All connected with a 9 M360 2DDI Y cable. I have tried all kinds of network configurations and cannot get the 2D, DI and temp to show up. I have read M360 posts all morning and can't figure this out. All help will be appreciated!

Thanks, Tim Christie

It is not a network setting, it's the Connected Transducer setting.

First of all you have the wrong Y cable. Some have issues with that cable and adapters so it is not recommended.
    The MEGA 360 and Minnkota MDI have the SOLIX 14-pin transducer plugs.
    The 14 M360 2DDI Y cable has two female 14-pin plugs that match the two transducers.
    It has a 14-pin male plug to connect to a SOLIX, that has to be converted to 7-pin with an adapter.
    That adapter can be the included 10' long 14-pin to 7-pin adapter or the 3' long Minnkota MKR-MI-1, depends on whether you want to manage 20' of cable or 13' of cable.

IF what you have will work:
    Default when the MEGA 360 is recognized is the MEGA 360 alone.
    You have to change the Connected Transducer setting in the Sonar main menu to match what is connected.
    In your case it is Built-in HW: MDI+: MEGA 360
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    Thanks Wayne!! I've got the new cables ordered so I'm getting closer.

TimC

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It is not a network setting, it's the Connected Transducer setting.

First of all you have the wrong Y cable. Some have issues with that cable and adapters so it is not recommended.
    The MEGA 360 and Minnkota MDI have the SOLIX 14-pin transducer plugs.
    The 14 M360 2DDI Y cable has two female 14-pin plugs that match the two transducers.
    It has a 14-pin male plug to connect to a SOLIX, that has to be converted to 7-pin with an adapter.
    That adapter can be the included 10' long 14-pin to 7-pin adapter or the 3' long Minnkota MKR-MI-1, depends on whether you want to manage 20' of cable or 13' of cable.

IF what you have will work:
    Default when the MEGA 360 is recognized is the MEGA 360 alone.
    You have to change the Connected Transducer setting in the Sonar main menu to match what is connected.
    In your case it is Built-in HW: MDI+: MEGA 360

Wayne - I have a Helix 12 chirp MDI+ GPS G3N and a Helix 12 Chirp MSI+ GPS G3N with an Ulterx built-in MDI and M360. I decided to go a different route with regards to Live Sonar. My current plan is to remove the MDI unit off the bow and only use the MSI unit and use the 9 M360 2DDI Y - MEGA 360 & 2D/MDI Y cable (Item # 720107-1) to connect my Built-MDI transducer with the M360 transducer.

HB recommends the 9 M360 2DDI Y - MEGA 360 & 2D/MDI Y cable (Item # 720107-1). So as long as I select Built-In MDI + M360.. I should be good to go?

my current network has the MDI and the MSI at the bow and 2x Helix 12 Chirp MSI+ gps G3N at the console. When I go into my network it lists the MDI unit that was dedicated to run 2d and DI. The MSI unit was solely for M360 and the heading sensor. Should I remove the MDI unit from the network since I am no longer using it? If so how do I remove the MDI unit from the network so it will no longer attempt to recognize it.

or

should I keep the MDI unit and run three units at the Bow for simplicity sake of the current network?
    Chris Hoffman
    Londonderry, NH

2022 SKEETER FXR20 APEX w/ 250hp SHO
    1x APEX 13 MSI+, 1x Solix 12 chirp MSI+ G3, 1x Solix 15 chirp MSI+ G3. AS GPS HS, Mega 360 Imaging. MK Ultrex MDI w/ iPilot link, MegaLive with Targetlock and 8’ MK
    Raptors and Ionic Lithium Batteries

><((((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>`·.¸¸´¯`·.¸><(((º>.·´¯`·. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>`·.¸¸. ·´ ¯`·...><(((º>

If you use the Minnkota built-in transducer you have to use the 14 M360 2DDI Y cable as explained above. AND you have to select which transducer combo you use. It's BUILT-IN if you connect the Minnkota transducer.

If you use a Humminbird MDI+ or MSI+ transducer, then you can use the 9 M360 2DDI Y cable and don't need the converter cable.

Just because the unit recognizes the MEGA 360 is connected to a unit on the network doesn't mean you have to view it on that unit. Every sonar source, GPS source, and Temp source on all the units will be listed on all the networked units, you just select which one you want to use in each unit's Network Source menu.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL