Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremefury View Post
    About to take the plunge, but have a quick question. I’ve seen where it can lock a straight course, but does the system integration allow it to follow custom course or contour lines.
    No to contour. I think you can do a course through a GPS unit, but I do not do that, so cannot elaborate.

2. Member
    Sorry, that’s what I meant, through the graph Can you plot points to follow a route. I think you can with the ghost. Seemed to see it demonstrated in a video somewhere.

3. Member
    Sorry, that’s what I meant, through the graph Can you plot points to follow a route. I think you can with the ghost. Seemed to see it demonstrated in a video somewhere.
    Almost 100% positive you can do that with a Lowrance.

4. Member
    Another question how far is the range on the remote?

5. Member
    Ordered mine today, do you need another cable to connect it to HDS Gen3 for the HD+ sonar?
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comptonbass View Post
    Another question how far is the range on the remote?
    Not sure but I was able to operate the TM with the remote from the back deck of my boat.
    2004 Ranger 519VX
    Yamaha VMAX 200HP OX66

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotfish? View Post
    Ordered mine today, do you need another cable to connect it to HDS Gen3 for the HD+ sonar?
    All sonar needs a cable.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    All sonar needs a cable.
    just to clarify i understand sonar needs cable but do you need an adapter cable to make compatible from Motorguide to Lowrance.
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

9. Member
    just to clarify i understand sonar needs cable but do you need an adapter cable to make compatible from Motorguide to Lowrance.
    Yes. There's both 7 and 9 pin available for Lowrance. I went with the 9 for my Carbon. Works fine. Also bought a Garmin as I am about to shake up my electronics.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    Yes. There's both 7 and 9 pin available for Lowrance. I went with the 9 for my Carbon. Works fine. Also bought a Garmin as I am about to shake up my electronics.
    perfect thanks
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M-D View Post
    Not sure but I was able to operate the TM with the remote from the back deck of my boat.
    If you are looking to Network the Tour Pro (control from the MFD to plot a course for follow on the Chart, anchor thru MFD etc) you only need a NMEA 2000 network and NMEA Drop Cable (Drop cable from MG to Network T must not be longer than 6').

Tour Pro does not need a Gateway Kit like Xi3/Xi5.

12. Member
    If your looking to order the adapter to a 9 pin I would pull the trigger asap as I just ordered mine yesterday and I actually had to call a few places
    I had to order my nmea drop cable and T's from boemarine they didn't have any of the motorguide to lowrance 9 pins available
    Few places didn't actually and according to MG they are back ordered so I did find a few places had them in stock but I would go ahead and snatch one up and be done.

I just went through this just got my nmea 2000 network all done and routed last night waiting on one T and my 6' drop cable to hook up troller.
    To run 2 graphs and TM on the nmea 2000 you will need starter kit plus 1 T(assuming you got the MG tour pro because it comes with a T) and one drop cable.
    Now I will tell you a few things that wasn't a issue for me but could be for someone else depending on there setup.Drop cable with starter kit isn't long couple ft so make sure it's long enough to go to your graph.

I started my T's at console got power for first t at console (continuous power)(will add a switch) then killed other side of T with fitting provided,then attached another T to that one then ran drop cable up to my console graph.Backbone cable 15' from console into wall and straight to the bow into another T up to unit then another T to Tm and kill that last T with fitting provided in starter kit.

Now I can control MG path,etc from my graphs.
    Cannot wait to give it a test run.

I went and grabbed 2 elite ti2 12's from bass pro this past weekend just to update and tie it all together plus for right around 2100 dollars for both you can't beat it!!

Only thing so far I dislike is cutting the darn bounce buster lol my head it right on edge of the rail and the deck so half the bounce buster hangs over,not a big deal but I went and got a peice of non skid at bass pro to put right there to keep the bar from leaving black streaks on my white boat lol.

Once I figured it out adjustment was a breeze simple clamp to lower or raise motor height.

I AM STILL A HUGE FAN AND I HAVE PUSHED MANY PEOPLE towards the tour pro once they saw mine!
    Such quality I cannot say it enough if you play with my ulterra then grab this tour pro �� the difference is night and day quality quality quality!!

Sorry for the book lol at work nothing better to do

13. Member
    Can you connect it to the HDS Gen 3.

14. Member
    Have a TP on order and getting my NMEA set up. Im running a Ti2 at the console and a Reveal at the Bow. I ordered all the connectors to connect the Reveal to the sonar and ordered a NMEA Starter kit. Will the starter kit be enough to hook up to the TP and Ti2 or will I need to order more Ts and a drop cable?

15. Member
    Tour Pro comes with one T, so you should be ok.

16. Member
    You will need the following

Starter kit-- has 2 T's
    One additional T plus the one that comes with Tm so 4 all together
    1 drop cable to go from bow unit to the T

Starter kit is only enough to connect power and run to one graph
    You need 2 more Ts for the Tm and the front unit.

So 4 Ts

Don't be like me waiting on one damn T lmao
    Hopefully today should have the rest I have it all pre wired ready to go.
    Just ordered my new replacement panel from ashmore marine products thank yall very much!! Great guy to deal with.
    Other than that your set

I run 2 12 elite ti2s so I connect wireless between the 2 but your setup will work fine as far as control of the Tm

17. Member
    Got cha, my front graph is a Hook Reveal which can not connect to the NMEA network, so only hooking it up to the Pro Tour and the Elite Ti2 at the console. So with only one graph hooked up I should be good to go with the starter kit and the T the TM comes with correct?

18. Member
    Yes
    You will have to go to the ti2 at the console
    Bass pro has the 1w ti2s on sale right now for 999.00
    Just figured I'd let you know.
    That's why I bought dual 12s since the 9s are selling for 7 and 800 used can't go wrong at 999

But 3 Ts is all you will need correct

19. Member
    Can you connect it to the HDS Gen 3.
    yes you’ll just need the correct adapter cable, either 7 pin or 9 pin depending on which port you’re using.
    2012 Ranger Z521
    2012 ProXS 250

20. Member
    yes you’ll just need the correct adapter cable, either 7 pin or 9 pin depending on which port you’re using.
    FYI - to connect my Garmin Echomap UHD 93sv to the built in HD+ Sonar required the MG to Garmin adapter AND the Garmin 8 pin to 12 pin adapter. The end of the MG to Garmin adapter is 8 pin and the female sonar socket for the 93sv is 12 pin. So you need an adapter for the adapter��*♂️

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast