1990 Stratos 201 - Floor Replacement- Wet Foam?

The boat has been outside under a cheap cover. I brought it home and into the garage two weeks ago. I got to work removing the carpet and discovered soft spots in the floor. There were soft spots of varying sizes around every hole in the subfloor that I assume was there from the factory to pour foam into. So I cut out the center section of the floor and also plan to remove the floor under the console since it’s a little soft there. The foam was wet in these areas as well. Luckily all the stringers that I uncovered were hard. Thanks to stratos for glassing them.

A couple questions.

1) Do I need to worry about damp foam? I’m not really worried about top end speed. I plan to put down marine grade plywood with resin and glass on both sides. Just don’t want to cover up something that will create more problems. Also, the floor has been out for two weeks now and the boat kept in a garage, the foam already feels much drier. Is there a way to dry it better? Sitting it in the hot sun? Tenting it with plastic and Running a dehumidifier in it?

2) where else should I check for water damage

Any and all input is appreciated!

2. Member
    I never did a boat , but the wet foam needs to come out . And look for any wet wood are rotting wood. And let every thing dry out .Before moving a head .

3. Member
    Your plan of attack is just putting a band aid on the problem. De rig pull the cap off get all the foam out then reflash in new floor and pour new foam. You might not be interested in speed , but safety might interest you. If you have any interested in going out on Kentucky lake and god forbid you get swamped by a wave last thing you want is a heavy boat sinking like a rock.
    JMHO