Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1rst update, with the upgrade bushings, I have forgotten how easy and light my 112 ultrex was. It is amazing how smooth everything is. Grant it I am comparing shot/missing parts to new but seem like a quality part

update at the bottom.
    Last edited by Fishysam; 09-13-2021 at 07:20 AM.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

Another update from first trip out.. ^^ what he said^^
    I'd replaced the originals with another set from MK only a few months ago.. One of them was already broke. These are nice---- MK should take a look !!

I will add. I installed the aftermarket ones after blowing out my last set of factory ones after like 2 days on the water. I think I’ve had them in for about a month maybe more. Ran a bunch of rough water and the mount is smooth as butter in and out of the water. Impressed so far.

2023 Ford F150 XLT Super Crew 2.7L Ecoboost FX4
    2021 Phoenix 721/ Mercury 250 ProXS 4s
    HDS16 Pro- Solix15 : Console
    HDS16 Pro W/AT - Garmin 126 W/ lvs34 - Solix12/ 360 : Bow
    Dual 10' Blades/ Lowrance Ghost/ Bobs Hydraulic Plate
    225ah cranking / 100ah trolling. Ionic/Relion lithium

MLF Invitationals Angler
    Instagram @brettcarnright

4. Member
    My Ultrex aluminum arm has scratches on the inside. Do you think this is rubbing due to the bad bushing? I thought it was the way I was lifting it.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    My Ultrex aluminum arm has scratches on the inside. Do you think this is rubbing due to the bad bushing? I thought it was the way I was lifting it.
    Probably due to bushings being worn, if they are in good condition you don't make a difference.

have about 12 days on the water with the aftermarket bushings all seems good to go. Not positive if it is as good as new because stuff may be worn. But no issues. I have a small curiosity to buy a couple sets of stockers and maybe even swap them out to experiment. But I'd rather fish than tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasher View Post
    More than likely is. Mine is like that. Extremely worn probably from the bushings being blown out and the mount rocks back and forth when you turn the motor on and off over and over thousands of times. It’s pretty easy to tell if they are bad. For one your mount will have a ton of slop in it. Or just remove the plastic side panels off the mount and you can visually see them.

MLF Invitationals Angler

7. Member
    How are the aftermarket bushings holding up for the guys that have purchased them?

2011 Ranger Z518, Mercury 200 Pro XS

Mine have already outlasted the previous set from MK.
    So far money well spent....MK needs to scrap theres and start over.

Still working perfect

MLF Invitationals Angler

10. Member
    I also installed these: http://jcracingonline.com/Minn-Kota-...elrin-MKDB.htm

It is like having a brand new TM.

A side note about the YouTube video on replacing the rear pivot bushings: Always remove the piston pin FIRST with the TM in the stowed position! And reinstall it last when all done. It is clearly documented in the MK manuals also. Don’t do like the knuckle head in the video using a strap or your wife to hold it down, while under pressure from the piston...........duh!
    Last edited by jpt7779; 06-23-2021 at 06:30 PM.
    JT

2014 Ranger Z521C / Yamaha VMAX SHO 250 / IONIC Batteries
    Garmin 57” Force TM, ECHOMAP Ultra 106sv’s, LVS34

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    I also installed these: http://jcracingonline.com/Minn-Kota-...elrin-MKDB.htm

It is like having a brand new TM.

A side note about the YouTube video on replacing the rear pivot bushings: Always remove the piston pin FIRST with the TM in the stowed position! And reinstall it last when all done. It is clearly documented in the MK manuals also. Don’t do like the knuckle head in the video using a strap or your wife to hold it down, while under pressure from the piston...........duh!
    Haha yes! My update after a while my upgraded replacement bushing are still working great.

So after a friend installed this kit with new hinge components we have decided the bushings in this thread are not as tight as factory and will make the mount twist more. In hindsight I will probably recommend this kit in the future--- get a hold of Jones trolling motor for this 27CE2136-DD60-42A5-B3FF-1A77F69D9DC8.jpeg
    Last edited by Fishysam; 09-14-2021 at 07:38 AM.

13. Member
    Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    So after a friend installed this kit with new hinge components we have decided the bushings in this thread are not as tight as factory and will make the mount twist more. In hindsight I will probably recommend this kit in the future--- get a hold of Jones trolling motor for this 27CE2136-DD60-42A5-B3FF-1A77F69D9DC8.jpeg

They are actually being made even tighter now. Plus the fact that they will outlast the stock bushings 10 to 1.
    One thing also to consider is that if the aluminum arm is worn too far, there's no way to fix it, it may just need to be changed.

2011 Ranger Z518, Mercury 200 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by jc250r31 View Post
    They are actually being made even tighter now. Plus the fact that they will outlast the stock bushings 10 to 1.
    One thing also to consider is that if the aluminum arm is worn too far, there's no way to fix it, it may just need to be changed.
    They are being made tighter now? My buddy just got his a few weeks ago and immediately knew they were sloppy loose even with new metal components.

so yeah I wore out and broke the stock components and these even though they are loose are still functioning okay and if you have a set up that shreds stock plastic bushing I would then say to get these I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishysam View Post
    They are being made tighter now? My buddy just got his a few weeks ago and immediately knew they were sloppy loose even with new metal components.

so yeah I wore out and broke the stock components and these even though they are loose are still functioning okay and if you have a set up that shreds stock plastic bushing I would then say to get these I guess.
    Did not feel that my set or the ones I helped install were loose...
    Even if they were----- IMO there better than the original or the ones shown in above picture.. With that opening at the top--first time they bind at all it will break due to the weak spot. ...Where as the replacement ones are a solid piece.

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Did not feel that my set or the ones I helped install were loose...
    Even if they were----- IMO there better than the original or the ones shown in above picture.. With that opening at the top--first time they bind at all it will break due to the weak spot. ...Where as the replacement ones are a solid piece.
    yea I agree. The stock ones are junk. Case closed. The aftermarket ones are smooth like butter up and down.

MLF Invitationals Angler

That's interesting. Maybe they don't have that tight of cc, some good some loose. But in my initial review it's says amazing how light my motor was to deploy, it's still light now thousands of deployments later. So I'm just trying to relay the information I have first hand experience with.

19. Member
    Ok my bushings just went out. I'm taking everyone's advice on the machined bushings and just ordered! Searched the cost of stock bushings and seeing .95-$10 (get them fast). Jc Racing is 2 for $25 plus shipping but a "no-brainer" for a quality product. Appreciate the info and thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12