what do I need for Troll Control with Garmin 93Sv

I am looking to get Troll Control on my 2019 Tracker ProGuide with the Mercury 115. I have a Garmin 93sv Echomap plus. I am installing the Nmea 2000 network next week for a heading sensor so that will be there. I looked on the Mercury site and am confused between the options they have. The costumer service guy said I need Vessel View Link but was wondering if the SmartCraft Gateway would work or not? I would like the gauges and extras from VVL on the Garmin but are not a deal breaker for me. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Welcome to BBC!

If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the Top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

You would need a Smartcraft Network, and a Primary Smartcraft Instrument (Vessel View, MercMonitor, SC-1000 System Tach & Speed are examples).

The Gateway Stick does not have Troll Control, it simply translates data between Smartcraft and NMEA-2000.

Since your Garmin does not support the Vessel View LINK functionality, you would probably do best with a MercMonitor. See Rhonda's post, pinned at the top of the Forum... if you drop her an email, she can assist you with the various systems, and special BBC member pricing.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor