Where to buy soft plastic materials?

Good morning. My Son fishes In the Louisianan High School Bass Nation and wants to start making his own soft plastics. He has been watching youtube videos and put together a list of things he needs; molds, plastasol, pigments, ect.. He found everything on Amazon but I am wondering if there is a better place. I put him on a $200 limit and he reached that easily with a Senko and creature mold plus materials.

Please let me know where else to look and if you have any beginners tips please post that as well. Thanks in advance for your input.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Youtube channel... Please subscribe.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp7...VnHj2tQ4BvAaMw

I usually go with Bait Plastics for my plastic due to free shipping and it being a great product. Molds, pigments and flakes, just depends on what you like. I get a lot of stuff from LureCraft. But there are lots of others. Angling AI, Lureworks, FatGuys, etc. It gets expensive real quick. Make sure to have a good ventilation system, plus a respirator that is rated for Organic vapers, gloves, never wear shorts for sandals. It is not if you get burned it is when so any protective barrier between your skin and plastic is a must.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

3. Member
    I just ordered 5 gallons & a gallon of floatant material from bait plastics yesterday myself & it’s the best price on the market for plastisol. Lureworks is top notch plastisol too & they have great colorants & glitters. Go to tackkeunderground & ask any question you might have about bait making.

Quote Originally Posted by FrickerDude View Post
    I usually go with Bait Plastics for my plastic due to free shipping and it being a great product. Molds, pigments and flakes, just depends on what you like. I get a lot of stuff from LureCraft. But there are lots of others. Angling AI, Lureworks, FatGuys, etc. It gets expensive real quick. Make sure to have a good ventilation system, plus a respirator that is rated for Organic vapers, gloves, never wear shorts for sandals. It is not if you get burned it is when so any protective barrier between your skin and plastic is a must.
    Safety is a plus. We will start outside under the carport with an old microwave.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    Justin, empty some or your inbox and I'll copy and paste it to you.

check out ebay for molds ,also check out Ozarktackle.com they have colorant, glitter ,plastisol , softener, hardener , etc , they also have regrinds they sell by the lb , colors all ready mixed
    takes the guess work out of color formulas

2009 ELITE 210

7. Member
    You might want to go to tackle underground and read the “don’ts for newbies”.

Quote Originally Posted by brushsjigs View Post
    Justin, empty some or your inbox and I'll copy and paste it to you.

Done, thanks
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

9. Member
    Janns has some really cheap plastic molds with a built in injector thing. $8

I know your just starting out but Angling AI molds are very good. I like the dead on plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by OH_Ranger View Post
    Janns has some really cheap plastic molds with a built in injector thing. $8

I know your just starting out but Angling AI molds are very good. I like the dead on plastic.
    Links?
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbr900racer22 View Post
    Links?
    https://www.jannsnetcraft.com/janns-...ds/440221.aspx

12. Member
    angling ai, basstackle, bts molds, do-it molds , baitjunkys, ispikeit, lurecraft, enforcer bait molds, fatguys fishing are all good places to get molds. Do-it has the essential series molds that are really cheap & work great if not having a shiny finish doesn't bother you, but you can paint them with high temp engine enamel if you want them shiny. I have several of them & have molds from angling ai, enforcer, do-it, fatguys & basstackle, jacobs mold & machine & they're great. I also have a few of the artificial stone molds that work good too. I buy lureworks colorant & glitter & have been buying baitplastics plastisol lately. Just take your time & buy what you absolutely know you'll fish all the time to start with & buy a good injector to begin with instead of the Ukrain ones. My first mold was a baby brush hog style mold from basstackle called a bt flippin hog. & also a 6 oz. injector from them & use both heavily. I also have a dual 6oz. twin injector from basstackle & have had a single 10 ouncer. Any questions just ask.

Thank you all for the replies. Everything is on order.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

Be sure to share some pics of what you make.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

Quote Originally Posted by basscatlildave View Post
    Be sure to share some pics of what you make.
    Will do. It will be my 15 year old Son with my Supervision for the first few times to make sure he is doing things safely.
    ​Justin Scott
    Rocket
    Yamaha SHO

16. Member
    I have been using Dead-On Plastix plastisol and colorant and have been very happy with all of it. The colors don't bleed and the plastisol cooks up very nice. For molds, I would skip over any of the stone mold options, they pretty much suck. Go with aluminum molds, CNC milled are better than cast molds. Basstackle injectors are awesome, but usually out of stock. I have been working with some cheap injectors I bought off amazon and as long as you pay attention to what you are doing you can get excellent results from them.

Was down in Arkansas for spring break last week at my uncle's place and made some baits with my cousin's kids and then went out to catch some fish on them. They really enjoyed picking out their own colors and catching fish on baits they made.

17. Member
    I have several artificial stone molds & they work very good.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    I have several artificial stone molds & they work very good.
    Maybe I am just not having good luck with them or maybe a different bait profile would be easier to work with for stone molds. I got an easy shiner and fat swing impact mold and both of them are a PITA to get the baits out of, even with oiling the mold for every shot. Ended up buying a CNC aluminum mold of the same baits and they come out super easy and don't even have to oil the mold.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TDobb View Post
    Maybe I am just not having good luck with them or maybe a different bait profile would be easier to work with for stone molds. I got an easy shiner and fat swing impact mold and both of them are a PITA to get the baits out of, even with oiling the mold for every shot. Ended up buying a CNC aluminum mold of the same baits and they come out super easy and don't even have to oil the mold.
    I understand exactly what you're saying. Sometimes i wonder if either the material the molds made form or bait temp is the problem because i've never used any oil in mine & i've honestly never had a problem.

Echo what others have said, some good finds on ebay
    Cheap Senko Molds - https://ebay.to/2WPm1Xt
    Misc Cheap Lure & Bait Molds - https://ebay.to/2WOZ5Yd
    Soft Plastic Injectors - https://ebay.to/2vVcZNs

Also, you can remelt old baits, that will save some money as well -