Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Member
    No
    yes
    no

Why am I being made to subsidize losers who can’t figure out how to make more than 75k a year while living in the greatest country on earth? If you can’t make more than 75k a year, you aren’t trying really hard.

Why am I also forced to subsidize another 300 a week additional unemployment for people who are too lazy to hustle by figuring out how to provide for their children and family rather than laying around their house collecting unemployment.

Why am I being forced to subsidize additional money to parents based on the number of children they have.
    Did you not realize that children cost money before you made the decision to have them? Did you have children that you can’t afford to raise? Is that not irresponsible?

Yet here you are, like a stripper crawling around on her knees, grabbing dollars off the floor. Dollars that are being subsidized by people like me.

You’re on fixed income? Well boo hoo, you had your chance to save for retirement. Who’s fault is that?

2. Member
    Yes
    Yes
    NO

The American majority will never agree to pay the secondary education debt of others, nor should they. Young adults today, majority of them, lack self discipline and frankly respect of anything to include themselves. Does this “idea” that every young person should head off to college need to be changed, absolutely. Everyone who has been in those shoes knows exactly what goes on those 2-6 years, and those who haven’t been there have heard lol. I think we need to teach young people to think independently, think critically, be responsible adults and have some respect. JMO
    Jon
    2013 Ranger Z520C
    2013 Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    No
    Yes
    NO NO NO

Higher education was much cheaper prior to the Fed Gov't adding all the grants and loans. As the money has flowed, so has the cost of higher ed.
    I worked my way through college and paid as I went. It is CRIMINAL how these colleges recruit kids into degrees that have zero value in the real world and the kids go into big time debt for it. Money is not the problem. Fix the problem. Make the colleges accountable for students that can't find jobs or degrees that lead to nothing. Today in Division I schools, more kids graduate with degrees in social work than in any technical field. And 3 of 4 graduates with computer related degrees are foreign nationals.
    Examples of no market for degree? D1 schools have 3,753 Interior Decorating graduates in a field that has only 1,500 total people employed as interior decorators.
    Meanwhile the trades are unable to find people. Lifetime earnings of someone with a tech school trade then in the market and someone with a non-technical non-medical degree is greater for the tech school grad.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by west point bass View Post
    Yes
    Yes
    No
    This

Did you get a stimulus check? No
    Did you keep your job 2020? yes..i own the company, but we saw an 80% drop in revenues and I've kept the company going out of pocket several months...were finally semi stable and im considering selling out. PPP/SBA is a joke.
    Do you support student loan forgiveness? No. i owe 45k and knew what i was signing up for, I've paid off half. I do however think it's f'd up that the government uses taxpayer money to enrich "servicing companies" (navient can suck a fat dick), and rakes in interest rates from predominantly lower middle class students. Only reason I don't pay it off is the interest is still less than I make off of that liquid.

Starting in the range of the late 2000's the government got too involved and tuition skyrocketed... I blame one congresswoman more than anyone else...but ill let her remain un-named. My junior year of college vs my senior was essentially a 100% jump. I won't donate a cent to my school over that crap.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    No
    Yes
    No

yes
    retired
    no

lets forgive people's mortgage next. Geesh! These people knew what they were doing when the got into this predicament. What people think is best for Americans so they can get a vote. Repulsive.....
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    O blood and water which gush forth from the heart of Jesus, have mercy on us
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

8. Member
    YES
    YES
    NO!
    I used both stimulus checks to pay my state taxes. From one government to another.

The Student loan and College system needs a serious overhaul.
    You make a loan...pay it back.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Yes. Every dime of the stimulus check was added to my granddaughters’ college funds. Just like the last one.
    Retired.
    No. You chose to incur debt to go to college to try and earn a good living. Repay your debts.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

10. Member
    No
    yes
    NO- this coming from a guy who has a lot of it. It has also paid off as my salary has at least quadrupled. I do think the second biggest college scam is the bookstore of required books for class.

11. Member
    Yes
    retired
    no

Where should I start, I wondered after high school(no idea what to do). I will say I worked a forty hour a week job starting the day I turned 16. I was able to make a good living with my hands being an auto tech. My daughter went to college and I picked up the tab after scholarship money. Why should I pay for someone else to have gone to school?

I guess I went to the school of hard knocks and graduated.
    Now in retirement I live a good life, as I always have in my opinion. One man's good life is another man's poor house I suppose.

12. Member
    No Yes No, if you borrowed money , PAY IT BACK !

13. Member
    Yes Yes Yes. Since a education is 30K per year now its a lot different than when I went to school. Salary increases have not matched cost increases. My kid got her degree in education and is a 1st grade teacher making 51k a year. Not much wiggle room when half the salary goes to the loans. If the students listen to the advice on here you won't have any teachers. Or nurses or law enforcement etc.
    Please release me,let me go.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234