Suzuki water pressure at WOT

As part of my set-up I will be adjusting the height of my motor. It is a 2021 150SS (150AS) on a 2003 Ranger 185vx. Anyone know what kind of water pressure numbers I need to stay within?

2. Member
    I get about 10 PSI full throttle on my 2020 standard 200DF. I'd think you would the same, 10 maybe 11. The pressure tap is on an open line so I think that's why it's so low, it isn't before the power head which is probably much higher.

3. Member
    bill what hull you running that 200 on? just slapped one on a 19SS startos and having all kinds of setup headaches,with a 24p powertech.

Water pressure does run lower than expected - 8-12psi WOT.

4. Member
    I have a Stratos 285 dual console I think it's a 1998. I'll look in my wallet later. It's 19 foot 5 inches with a 6 inch jackplate. I have a standard 200DF motor with a 3 blade 24.5 pitch 16 inch diameter prop because it was cheap. Fully loaded (and I wouldn't doubt my hull has water in it) I get about 60 GPS when I hit the governor. I would like a bit more pitch for a bit more speed, my hole shot is good, but I did put a hydrofoil on it which helped a lot on takeoff. I am more interested in reliability than speed.
    I bought a bunch of new SS props a couple of years ago for $50.00 each, I dinged a couple so I'm down to one new one now.

Your WP is great at 10# plus.

5. Member
    Have you had any luck with prop selection yet? I have the same boat and motor and am not impressed at all with the 24p powertech
    Quote Originally Posted by jab0914d1 View Post
    bill what hull you running that 200 on? just slapped one on a 19SS startos and having all kinds of setup headaches,with a 24p powertech.

Water pressure does run lower than expected - 8-12psi WOT.

6. Member
    Well your motor is quite different from mine, as my prop turns slower than yours. As a general rule you should be able to hit the governor wide open and have a good hole shot with an average load.
    If you have a good hole shot, and think you should have more speed when you hit the governor then find some more pitch or diameter. If you can't hit the governor you need less prop.
    10 p.s.i. is good W O T.