Need help getting seats out.

Was wondering if anyone knows how to get the seats out of a 1994 ranger 481vs. They are stuck in and will not come out. I hold the pin in at the bottom and try to pull them out and they won’t budge. I’ve cut the carpet to see if I can unscrew the plate and the screws just spin and will not come out either. Anyone have any ideas or advice? I’m out of ideas.

2. Member
    Welcome to the BBC ! On the home page if you scroll down a bit you can find a subforum specifically for Ranger boats. Someone there will be able to help you.

.http://www.bbcboards.net/forumdisplay.php?f=47
    GETFISHED !!!

3. Member
    Had that happen before. I used a flat pry bar used for wood work. Not sure the name. It’s about 2” wide and 12” long. Any way get under the post and push down. Then get a block of wood and reposition some spray oil will help. Clean post up and lightly lube

4. Member
    Sorry, I thought you were talking about the bench seat.
    Last edited by jerzia; 03-15-2021 at 08:30 AM.

5. Member
    sorry thinking about seat
    Last edited by buster502; 03-15-2021 at 06:10 PM.

6. Member
    Are you asking about the fishing seats post

7. Member
    Yes thank you for advice. I tried everything but the posts were in there so long they rusted and weren’t coming out. Had to cut the carpet a bit and take the screws out of the base itself to get them out.

8. Member
    heat it up

I battled a stuck pedestal post in a 1995 Ranger recently. Ended up cutting the carpet, crews out, and took the whole base out

still could not get the post out. Eventually heated it with a weed burner (heated may be mild) and it melted the plastic that was holding the pedestal in. In your case, you cannot torch it, because you might burn the carpet, but I would heat it up as much as possible to loosen that plastic sleeve that is holding it the base

good luck
    1995 Ranger 690 VS
    2008 Yamaha 150 4 Stroke