07 champion 200 elite 2021 225 pro xs

New motor on the boat. Here are my results.

Got my motor broke in and started with a 23 tempest. Not super impressed with the results. 5550ish rpms ran 64.5-65.5. Holeshot okay handling okay lift was good.

Put my 24 bravo on and ran it yesterday. Same WOT RPM at 67-67.5 mph. Everything else was much better than the tempest. Feel like I need to get RPM’s up quite a bit.

Any recommendations?

2. Member
    I commented on Champion page too, try 23 fury 3 blade they ran it up to70 on the new 198 with same motor.

3. Banned
    Not sure if it’s applicable, but I remember something being said about having to have either a top feed or bottom feed hot foot only. I’m not sure if you can find the post in the merc section, it was quite some time ago. Unless someone here can remember that post too, I know Don Weed can answer about your situation.

4. Member
    After running 3 props that should’ve varied 350-400 rpms I called the mechanic. Ended up hooking it up to the computer and was only getting 88% throttle. Made a couple adjustments and now it’s reaching 100% so I’ll be running it tomorrow to see what results I have.

Quote Originally Posted by grout-scout View Post
    Not sure if it’s applicable, but I remember something being said about having to have either a top feed or bottom feed hot foot only. I’m not sure if you can find the post in the merc section, it was quite some time ago. Unless someone here can remember that post too, I know Don Weed can answer about your situation.

5. Member
    I'd run the Bravo over the fury any day on that boat

6. Member
    Tempest should be the quickest prop for that boat. Curious to hear the updated results..

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Gonna run my bravo tomorrow

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mdtritn21 View Post
    Bravo didn’t fair well. Holeshot was less than desirable. WOT 65-66 at 5700ish rpms.

9. Member
    Borrow a 23 Fury 3 blade and give it a test. From everything I hear around here where I live, the 23 Fury 3 is THE prop for the new 225 and 250 Pro XS 4-stroke motors. Of course, I'm in Ranger country. I have one on order for my new Merc 225 Pro XS 4-stroke.

Yours is a Champion, mine is a Ranger, but here are the results of my testing of several props:
    "Finally got around to testing some props on the new Merc 225 Pro XS 4-stroke motor I put on my Z19 after the old Merc 225 Pro XS 2-stroke motor quit on me. Made 3 runs with each of these props: B&B'd 23 Fury 3 blade (1 PVS plug), Tempest 23P (2 plugs) and the B&B'd Tempest 25P (2 plugs) that I had on my old motor. Full fuel (to start), two guys (~400#), usual tackle.

23 Fury - Very impressive hole shot, top speed 68.2 (GPS), RPMs 6063 (avg of 3 runs).

23 Tempest - OK hole shot, a little blowout coming up on plane, top speed 64.8 (GPS), RPMs 6125 avg of 3.

25 Tempest - Not so great hole shot, some blowout, top speed 68.7 (GPS), RPMs 5800 avg of 3.

Mark recommended the 23 Tempest for bow lift advantage over the Fury so I went out and bought one. Wish now, I'd bought a 23 Fury instead. Really don't think B&Bing the 23 Tempest will improve it so much it will match the performance of the Fury.

What do you guys think?"

10. Member
    Thanks Jim

11. Member
    #36 Today, 02:39 PM
    Finally got some good water to run in when the wind was blowing 30. Ran the 24 fury again today. Spinning it 5800 and got up to 73 mph. Still had a little left in it too. Going to try a 23 fury soon.

12. Member
    Wow that is awesome!