Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar

Considering buying a toy hauler. Educate Me

Thinking of a toy hauler to camp and trail ride with a pioneer 1000. Never owned a camper so it will be a new experience. I do know my Tundra would need upgraded to a 250/350. Would consider a used unit, but new is doable too.

2. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    lots of toy haulers require a 1 ton.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

3. Banned
    I've seen Tundra's hauling toy haulers.....looks absolutely ridiculous, let alone completely over on it's capabilities. There are some nice toy haulers out there with rear patio decks, rear awnings, generators and fuel stations. I'd look to the 5'r versions instead of the bumper pulls.

Check out ATC toy haulers, all aluminum construction, no wood to rot or mold. Bumper pulls & 5th wheels.
    https://aluminumtoyhauler.com/

5. Member
    I have owned 3, 2 bumper pulls and 1 big fifth wheel. They are definitely heavier than a regular camper. Have a look at the Work and Play bumper pull. That was my last one and I liked it fine for the money.

6. Member
    It all depends on how much camper you want.
    Toy hauler is great for all the comfort but if your just camping and trail riding a CTC (cargo trailer conversion) is what most do.