What a great day to get out on the water!! Feels great to be back at it again. With all the lakes open I still decided to fish Binder. I got on the water at 7am Wt 48* I’ve had good luck there in the passed early so I thought why not. I started with a rock crawler and jerkbait but no luck. (Those were my best bait there last year early) but no luck. I went to the back of a pocket to see what the water temp was and it was slightly colder. I then started to work my way out throwing a bladed jig (fire crawl color) and had a bite, ha there’s still fish in this lake! Kept making my way out the the main lake and got another bite quickly and landed a nice 4lb. She hammered the bait good and had it good. A quick wt and picture and she swims off. I noticed a couple of green weeds on the bait and in its mouth hmm ?? I had the power poll down so made a few more casts and landed another nice 3lb. Fun for sure i found a couple more green grassy spots and caught couple more. It wasn’t a sure thing because a found other grasses spots and never boated a fish but I would say a pattern still. I fished the brush piles and got a few 14”/15”.
I bet I ended to day with 12ish left at 12:30. I was surprised I never boated a fish on a rk or jb but that’s how it goes I’m just glad to have caught few nice ones.

F31F1E32-4072-45D4-A46E-8FD11DE72BAC.jpeg