Question Prop Question for '96 Pro XL

Hey Guys,

I have a '96 201 Pro XL with a '97 225 efi merc and right now my hull shot sucks. What do yall think would be the best prop choice for my setup? I currently have a 4 blade 27p Hi-Tech brand and its just too much for my motor. My hull shot right now is pushing 45 sec to a minute and sometimes won't get on pad with full livewells. Any info would help. Thanks!

Your hole shot will be greatly improved by using a prop more suited toward your rig. If the motor is strong I'd try a 25 Trophy plus. You have a jack plate correct?
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Member
    or a 24p bravo 1 fs
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

4. Member
    I have a setback yes. I have tried a 26p tempest that was worked to a 25p. While my hole shot improved I had to feather the pedal so I wouldn't blow out when I began to level out. I was also turning 6000+ rpm

It sounds like your PTP is too high. What is your PTP? Your need to change props to one with PVS holes so you can tune the hole shot. Like I said before try a Trophy plus 25. You say you have a setback, but is it a permanent setback or an adjustable jack plate? No way to really trust that Tempest unless it's been worked by some of the best because most prop shops do not do a good job for performance rigs like bass boats.
    Just trying to help man so try to be more forth coming with the info. If you feel like not providing the needed info then fine, have a nice day.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

6. Member
    Sorry about that, I have a permanent setback. Not sure what my PTP is and not sure who worked the prop as well. I do need a prop with PVS holes. Mine does not

7. Member
    My top speed has been 66-67mph I’d love to improve that if I can but mainly just want a better hole shot to where my motor won’t struggle to get me out of the water. I can’t be sure but I don’t think my motor should struggle the way it does to get on pad

The 93 Javelin 379T i have been working on (150 faststrike) hole shot was horrible with blow out and slippage. Sent the prop off to Marks Props and he recommended cupping the tips on the 24P Raker ll.
    Hole shot now . Up on plane in 3 seconds
    2003 Stratos 185, Yamaha V150LTRB, Tempest Plus 25P

Quote Originally Posted by Coach185 View Post
    The 93 Javelin 379T i have been working on (150 faststrike) hole shot was horrible with blow out and slippage. Sent the prop off to Marks Props and he recommended cupping the tips on the 24P Raker ll.
    Hole shot now . Up on plane in 3 seconds
    Coach, the issue you had is completely different than what the OP has going on so lets not possibly confuse him.

OP,
    get a new 25 Trophy plus, I believe that is the ticket for you. Get some vent plugs of various sizes so you can fine tune. Some guys get the solid plugs and drill holes.