Legend 211 Alpha Trailer

I have my trailer in the shop due to a bent front axle. I have been going through my 20" tires due to wear on the inside. My question is, The EZ Loader trailer is customized. Does anyone know the approximate cost? I just want some sort of idea what kind of cost I'm looking at.
    Thank You in advance,
    Jeff

2. Member
    You can call EZ Loader and they will tell you, I have ordered from them.
    2013 A211 250 Pro XS
    Bob"s 10" Action Series Hydraulic Jack Plate
    2-8' Power Poles

3. Member
    I have a 211r and mine did the same thing. We replaced the axle in our shop and the right front still was towed out a 1/2 inch. I went to a boat company here in Conroe and ordered one. Now the fun starts the trailer shows up and my boat wont fit we went back and for for over 8 months on this i think 4 trips to ez loader. Before I told them to build me a new or I was calling a lawyer. they build a new one it was good found out they used wrong bunk pattern. I think we was right around 6500 I went with standard tires on aluminum wheels, open c channel frame and leaf springs also just painted it black. That was in 2019. Make sure they use the 211 pattern and also Ezloader told me that i should have went thru who ever bought legend out

4. Member
    I just replaced both axles on my 2008 Alpha 211 trailer yesterday. I provided the trailer serial number to the manufacturer custom parts center and they sent me both axles via UPS fully assembled brake calipers hubs etc.. complete assemblies all new stuff. My son and I switched them out less than four hours under $2000 shipped UPS. Just ordered a kit from eastern marine trailer parts for a wet suspension system to replace all the spring hangers bolts bushing. Another 250 bucks but money well spent. Trailer better than new when installed and suggest installing this kit when changing out axles to save time. My trailer had a lot of miles been all over the east fishing Champlain to Florida.

I just called the repair shop and they have left multiple messages with EZ Loader and have not returned a call. Do you know of any contacts, I may have to take my boat out of the shop and just buy more tires again. They are giving me until Friday to hear from them.
    Thanks

6. Member
    I dealt directly with the shop I ordered my trailer from. Not sure who they dealt with at EZ Loader

7. Member
    This is interesting. I have a 2014 alpha 211-r and the trailer eats the drivers front tire in only 2000 miles. It's a torsion axle and they say you can't adjust them. Ez loader was not much help to me either. Seems they should have all the relative info from the sticker on the trailer, but they told me the same thing. Go through legend. Lol. I suppose maybe an alignment shop could take a shot at bending it, but I could use some direction here too. I'm up north, so since our season is short it's only one tire a year, but they're those super wide car tires on a fancy rim, so it's like $150/tire.

Update, boat has been in the shop for two weeks with no response from EZ Loader. Shop does not see a serial number on axle referring it as a Dexter axle. At this point what can I do to replace axles with something that will get me on the road. Personally the 20" tires and rims look great but They cost a lot to replace. Can I get something that others are using?

9. Member
    I replace my 18” wheels with 15” wheels and Goodyear Endurance tires
    we see how this rolls
    i was ready for new tires, the low profile tires are harder to find and cost more

I replace all torsion arm to axel bolts also
    had a tire wearing on inside

10. Member
    When I replaced the axle on mine I called the parts department gave them the vin number and they sent me a new axle I also ordered a torsion arm and hub. it still not make a difference the right front wheel still stayed towed out. I think the frame was bent somewhere I bought my boat used so I am not sure what the issue was. here is the number I called

Ez Loader
    870-481-5138

for some with poor wear on your tires, remove the wheel and make sure the bolt the holding the torsion arm to the splined stub of the axle is tight. I have had them wear to the point you couldn't tighten the bolt any more and they were still loose. I've since replaced all my torsion arms/hubs (2013 alpha). I likely need an axle as well but will see as i just replaced the last bad torsion arm a week ago.

the axle is made by Dexter and you can buy it elsewhere if you look hard enough. EZ loaded quoted me 510 for the naked axle, 225 shipping. You can bypass the shipping if you have a dealer nearby and can pick it up. I think i found the same axle for around 300$ online but haven't measured it yet.

Update: with all the back and forth from the shop I had the boat in, no progress for three weeks. The shop was told that since Drexler has changed hands and parts are now in California it could take up to 12 months. I pulled the boat out of the shop and replaced two tires. Luckily my fishing this year will keep me close to home. No Guntersville, Pickwick, or Kentucky Lake. I am appreciative for all the advice and will continue to look at resolving this problem.

13. Member
    I would try this guy he buys and sales bass boat trailers

SMITH BOAT SALESBoat Service in Windthorst, Texas
    (940) 636-0097

Montgomery, I called him a couple of weeks ago and he had sold his last Legend trailer. Just my luck...

I have noticed that Drexler parts are being sold by Pacific Boat Trailers in California. Has anyone had any business with them? Considering a new trailer and sent them a message.

Did you try calling Dexter?

https://www.dexteraxle.com/contact-us/contact-form

I had to replace the torsion axles on my 2009 trailer several years ago (they had a bad batch in 2008/2009ish) and dealt directly with Dexter/UFP. They sent me both for free. At that time I was dealing with Dennis out of Winchester, TN. His user name on here is DABS, but he no longer works for them according to his user profile.
    It appears the Winchester plant is still in operation though.

2009 LEGEND ALPHA 211/MERCURY 250 PRO XS

17. Member
    May give The Expeditor in West Palm a try (800)330-1800. That's where I bought all my trailer supplies from when I had my shop.