Hi Guys, have a question regarding a recent steering concern with my Chevy truck. Within the last 3-5 months I have noticed a couple of issues:

1. When I was trailering my boat up in Mn last September I almost missed my turn so I applied the brakes moderately hard. When doing this my steering wheel moved quickly left and right maybe 1/2 to 1 inch. And has continued to do the same thing on occasion since with or without the boat attached. I do think it may be more noticeable with the boat attached.

2. This is the weird part....a lot of times as I am accelerating from 0-45 mph somewhere around 40-45 mph my steering wheel will move rythmatically left and right and then smooth out around 50 or higher. The strange part is it does not happen every time I accelerate from 0-50. And I just recently noted that since our weather here in Iowa has been above 50 degrees several days the issues have been less noticeable.

I mentioned this to my car dealer and the only thing he came up with was maybe there was play in the electronic steering gear. I know that in 2016 Chevy changed to electric steering so I wondered if there have been known issues with this new system ?? Thought some of you might have some insight of where to start.

Thanks in advance, Bill