Mercury oil or BP

Would like to know if anyone has tried the BP oil. I have a 2013 Mercury 150 and always use Mercury or Quick Sliver oil but the BP is much cheaper and wanted to see if anyone is using .

2. Member
    not me not going to either
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Same here...

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Not me, outboard motors are way to expensive to cheap out on the oil you feed it. Merc oil for me
    Just like my 09 F150, motorcraft oil and filters since new, 180,000 trouble free miles. Just opend it up for the first time to change timming chains, guides, and tensioners due to milage. Care and maintenance with factory parts go a long way.

5. Member
    If it meets the specs for your motor any brand oil is fine to use. That applies to automotive and marine use.

Pay a little more than or A lot More Later