Electric bike for hunting

Been thinking about one for hunting. Looking at the QuietKat Ranger. I know , I know they are slow Just checked with them and if I ordered now would not ship til June. Anyone use one of these ? Curious what your opininions are no matter the brand.
    Proud Army Dad

2. Banned
    Guys around my area use electric golf carts,would that be possible?

Quote Originally Posted by riverc View Post
    Guys around my area use electric golf carts,would that be possible?
    No that wouldn't cut it in the northern Maine woods. 4 wheeler is great but the restrictions on unmarked trails is becoming a problem and don't want to get any fines. The would be no wheeler replacement but I could get back into a bunch of places I like to hunt and not worry about issues.
    Proud Army Dad

I’m sure Maine has different regulations, but around here it would not be allowed on public land except for designationed bike trails.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    I’m sure Maine has different regulations, but around here it would not be allowed on public land except for designationed bike trails.
    Thanks , I'll have check and see if there are any regs here.
    Proud Army Dad

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinetechnician View Post
    Thanks , I'll have check and see if there are any regs here.
    That's a good question. I know you can't generally take any motorized vehicle on any snowmobile trail during the off season if it's groomed with state money but I think those critters are still considered bicycles. Even the ones with the little gas kicker engines are called bicycles so long as they stay under a certain CC.
    A local guy was using one last fall (don't know brand) to come in behind my house from the other end and it seemed to work pretty well for him. He was hunting the neighbor's land so no issues there. And again I don't know the brand but this deer habitat consultant uses them on his hunting properties and I know he's pretty anal about spooking deer on the way to his stands:

If you don't get any testimonials I guess you'll have to resort to googling reviews like this one: https://ebikegeneration.com/blogs/ne...ic-bike-brands

I ordered mine today. Supose to ship in May. Maine rewrote the laws in 2019 I think it was and the Ranger being a type 2 it seems I can run it about anywhere unless designated differently.
    BP I'm sure you know that can't run a wheeler on private land and since most of the land I hunt on is by a slate company , paper compamy's etc. Certainly wasn't going to try and get written permission to run my wheeler on thier property. I'm happy with fact it's not posted no hunting. Also in November it's not uncommoun to get whacked with a good snow storm which shuts down the trails to snowmobiles only. Sure will be different heading out from camp on a bike and not my wheeler but I think it will be a welcome change. I will still be able to get to much of my hunting areas which are within 10 miles or so of camp. Can also throw it in the back of my truck and go. The bike has up to a 40 mile range. Heck they even say you can drag a deer with it but not reccomended. They accually make a 1 wheel and 2 wheel trailer for these things.
    Proud Army Dad

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinetechnician View Post
    I ordered mine today. Supose to ship in May. Maine rewrote the laws in 2019 I think it was and the Ranger being a type 2 it seems I can run it about anywhere unless designated differently.
    BP I'm sure you know that can't run a wheeler on private land and since most of the land I hunt on is by a slate company , paper compamy's etc.
    Is that up near Monson?

Brownville/Lakeveiw line.
    Proud Army Dad