Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Hard to imagine using a crank battery with 650 ccas when a Merc alone requires 800 just for cranking. Then at least another 150-200 for your electronics and accessories. But the hefty RC would be great for deep cycling
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

2. Member
    So.....is the cranking battery that will be in my new Caracal sufficient or not?

Sure sounds like not....

Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post
    So.....is the cranking battery that will be in my new Caracal sufficient or not?

Sure sounds like not....
    Do you honestly believe you would not get a sufficient battery? Same battery turned over my 300 and powered 2 Solix 12s for 10 hours a day.
    2022 Basscat Jaquar
    Mercury 300 Pro Xs

The battery is more than ample.

Lot's of speculation and assumption.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Muz View Post

Sure sounds like not....
    never heard of BCB doing anything less then 110%????
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

6. Member
    Hmmmm? I’m running TWO helix 12s, mega 360, 93 Garmin with livescope, TWO helix 9s at the dash, JL audio stereo(on all the time), phone and iPad charger, livewells! I am taxing my pro guide to the MAX and she still kicks ass (1 and 1/2 years old). You guy’s are really over analyzing this. Also, if you’re getting 4+ years out of your batteries, sell your boat! You’re not fishing nearly enough.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post
    The battery is more than ample.

Lot's of speculation and assumption.
    I got the specs right off the battery. Might help if someone from BCBs cleared things up.

Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    I got the specs right off the battery. Might help if someone from BCBs cleared things up.
    See posts 12-15 above.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

9. Member
    If these batteries are not holding a charge or lasting properly a partial reason to some failures would be the chargers and chargers not set up properly.

10. Member
    My mercury motor says 800ca. The battery that came in my Erya is 815ca.

Does it meet the requirement, yes.

However no margin exists. Could less than 800ca start the motor, sure but then if you start getting motor issues it can come back to that battery. Lots of posts in the mercury forum as to battery size and reason.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PMantle View Post
    BCB has been commenting. I’ll take that pro guide off your hands for $125.
    2020 BassCat Cougar FTD SP
    2020 250 Pro SX
    #Denalirods #Powerpole
    #PowerhouseLithium
    #Powerpole Move

I have never had a problem with my AGM pro guide that came from the factory running all the various lights, pumps, graphs and cranking a 400 Verado.

13. Member
    I'm past my 3rd year with my Pro Guide 31 AGM as my cranking battery and I have not had any issues at all. I have a 36 volt trolling motor and my Cranking battery also serves as my 3rd trolling battery as well. I run 2 helix 10's, power poles, all other electronics, and trolling motor with my cranking battery. It's a good battery!!!
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle View Post
    ;ll take that pro guide off your hands for $125.

15. Member
    Chris has the 3 battery system worked well for you? Wanting a 36 volt tm without the extra battery weight.

16. Member
    I’m running 4 proguide agm 31’s in my Lynx. I’ve had 0 issues with any of them and that’s running 2-12’s and 2-10’s.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 keepers View Post
    Chris has the 3 battery system worked well for you? Wanting a 36 volt tm without the extra battery weight.
    Yes Sir. I have been running a 3 battery system for a 36 volt for 21 Years. I did have ONE cranking battery failure on my 2001 Classic but that battery was over 6 years old at the time and had run its fair share of cycles. I was worried about it with my current boat because of all the fancy electronics, power poles, radio system and so on but with the 3 pro guide 31 AGM's it has never blinked. I have fished many, many 12 hour days in tidal current, strong winds, grass mats with the live wells running and the radio on and never had a problem. Now if I had any more electronics like folks are running today with 2 or three big graphs on the bow and console then I wouldn't consider this system. But with my 2 Helix 10's it has performed flawlessly.

I think the Key is proper battery maintenance. I charge my AGM's over night as soon as I come back from a trip. If I'm not fishing for a couple of weeks for some crazy reason I make sure that once per week I plug them up for a few hours to keep them hot. I do not use an extension cord which provides the best charge. I have a plug in the exact spot in my garage so the battery charger cord is long enough.

I spend as much or more time on the water as most recreational anglers. I'm not trying to sell or promote anything to anyone and most wouldn't recommend this setup but it has worked well for me.
    Chris Coupel
    Paulina, La.

18. Member
    Maybe Mike Whitten will see the last few posts and comment as well. I know that he has quite successfully run a 3 battery system with a 36 volt troller for many years in his Cats. I believe that he encourages the use of a high quality AGM for at least the dual purpose crank/cycling battery.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

19. Member
    According to the specs on the battery it isn’t enough. I know they are good batteries and people like them but going by the specs and what Mercury says, not enough. Just reading the facts.

20. Banned
    I just bought a new vexus vx21 that came with this pro guide agm 31. One week of use and it’s swollen and smells of sulfur when charging. I took it out of my boat before it exploded.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast