Thread: Lake Hamilton

Lake Hamilton

Heading down to Hot Springs this weekend with the family but planning on some bass fishing while we're there. It'll be my first time on lake Hamilton. If anyone has any advice on the lake, go to baits, etc. I sure would appreciate it.

2. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    If you like to fish docks, they are plentiful. Typical spring baits are working. I believe most catching in 0 to 15. Good luck
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    If you like to fish docks, they are plentiful. Typical spring baits are working. I believe most catching in 0 to 15. Good luck
    Thanks Arky.

4. Member
    Heavy rains today and Entergy is still in the process of brining the lake up to full pool from the winter drawdown. If you start to head upriver on Hamilton, pay attention to any floating debris.

Everything I've heard suggests there are a good number of fish moving up shallow. Water temps will probably be in the mid 50s.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dixieman18 View Post
    Heavy rains today and Entergy is still in the process of brining the lake up to full pool from the winter drawdown. If you start to head upriver on Hamilton, pay attention to any floating debris.

Everything I've heard suggests there are a good number of fish moving up shallow. Water temps will probably be in the mid 50s.
    Thanks for the head's up. I think we're staying up river near the Hill Wheatley boat ramp. At least that's where I'll be putting in, I believe.

6. Arkansas Rally Moderator Arkyarcher's Avatar
    Straight across from that ramp is Bull Bayou and if you go under the bridge and look left there is a restaurant with a dock called Cajun Boilers. Great place to eat.
    Gene Wilson

2000 Xpress X19 Mercury 200
    Team PoorMansCustomLures

Two wrongs don't make a right , but three lefts do.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkyarcher View Post
    Straight across from that ramp is Bull Bayou and if you go under the bridge and look left there is a restaurant with a dock called Cajun Boilers. Great place to eat.
    We'll definitely have to check that out! Appreciate it.

8. Member
    If you have the time go to Ouachita. Less crowded and lot more areas to fish!
    2021 Skeeter ZX225
    2021 Yamaha SHO 225 VF225LA

9. Member
    Or Degray