Thread: Order time??

Order time??

I know I’m probably being a little impatient but I put a deposit down on a new VX21 February 4th, the dealer told me I’d have a build date in 2-3 weeks. Thursday will be 5 weeks and I’ve heard nothing from them but “still no date” when I inquire. The salesman would text me often checking in with me prior to me ordering and now it’s like I’m being a PIA and is very short when I contact him.
    Am I wrong to expect a date within the time frame I was told? Have any of you had the same experience?
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Member
    You might call Vexus and someone will call you back with an answer I suspect.

To anyone wanting a new or even used Vexus this year be prepared to pull the trigger fast. If you see one you like buy it. It’s going to be another crazy year of boat sales. I’ve already seen it playing out here in TN. As the weather warms further north supply is going to disappear much like last year. Used boats are nearly impossible to find, so there is no incentive for dealers to make a deal. Dealers are having difficulty getting enough new boats, so again if you can find one for sale at a dealer buy it. You’ve been warned. Go buy a boat before it’s too late. If you choose to buy a Vexus, you won’t be disappointed.
    white Vexus AVX 1980 - white Evinrude G2 150hp HO

My dealer pushed his stock boat builds back to accommodate my build and others. I was given a build date within 3 weeks, thanks to my dealer. Mine is slated to start building March 29th.

4. Member
    I know the wait is hard to wait but it is worth it! Ordered in November and received in March. You forget how long it took once you look at the details of the boat.
    2021 Vexus VX20
    250 Pro XS V8

5. Member
    I never got a build date from my dealer, but I did get my boat within the stated timeline. I wouldn’t worry. Once they start building it gets done pretty fast. I went from not knowing when it would be here to, it will be here next week.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishStalker View Post
    My dealer pushed his stock boat builds back to accommodate my build and others. I was given a build date within 3 weeks, thanks to my dealer. Mine is slated to start building March 29th.
    The funny thing about that is I went the the dealer on a Friday to look at a 20 and 21 up close to decide which one I wanted for sure and the regional rep was delivering a boat. The salesman introduced us and we got to talking and he asked how soon I wanted a boat and I said ASAP of course. While we were talking he told me and I watched him put a build slot in supposedly in my name for my build so none of that makes any sense to me. I’ve tried messaging the regional rep and asked about that on Feb 16 and he hasn’t replied either. I have no doubt it’ll be worth the wait, I just have a problem with being lied to and ignored. I’m considering getting my deposit back and going to another dealership and starting all over, it shouldn’t be a issue seeing as how my order clearly isn’t in yet? Appreciate the responses fellas

7. Member
    I ordered my 2080 on 12/5 and a build date of 02/08 and was done on 02/28..... It only takes them 8-10 days to build one and they are saying 12-14 weeks after your order date. I would say yours should be done around the first week of May... I'm fortunate enough to live 4 hours from the factory and that's one of the reasons I picked a dealer that is 15 minutes away from the factory, cheaper price and don't have to wait for it to be shipped...
    2021 Vexus AVX2080
    Sapphire Blue
    Mercury 200 Pro XS
    Garmin Force - 36v
    Garmin ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv (2)
    Garmin LV34
    Ionic 125/100 lithium batteries

8. Member
    Big shout out to Jason Parsons and the Vexus boats team. I was contacted a few minutes ago and told what was going on and assured things are moving and that's all I was looking for. I appreciate great customer service!
    Last edited by Koma; 03-12-2021 at 10:01 AM.
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

9. Member
    Jason is a solid dude!
    2021 Vexus AVX 1880 Summit White
    115 Mercury ProXS
    Ultrex
    Twin HBirds
    Garmin 93
    Garmin Livescope

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkG52 View Post
    Jason is a solid dude!
    Yes sir he is!

11. Member
    Mines runnin a couple weeks late and the updates have been poor