Bilge and Livewell Pumps

How easy is it to access and replace the bilge and livewell pumps on a Bassport Pro?

If all thats needed is a new cartridge Its easy. They 1/4 turn in and out of the case. Raise the toilet/trash bin to get at them. it hinges on the front and folds over in the floor.

Its super easy. The are really easy to reach. I carried spare pumps with me and wired all of my pumps with quick connector electrical connectors.
    Allison XB21 2+2
    Mercury 300R

4. Blazer Boats Moderator Rebel1's Avatar
    Thanks for the info guys.

5. Member
    To agree with River Rocket, do quick disconnects while your there. It will pay off
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

Does anyone have the part numbers for those pumps or cartridges?
    Allison XB21 2+2 with Mercury 300R

7. Member
    This is what I used for replacements.
    SPX Flow Cartridge Replacement Bilge Pump | Bass Pro Shops
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    If all thats needed is a new cartridge Its easy. They 1/4 turn in and out of the case. Raise the toilet/trash bin to get at them. it hinges on the front and folds over in the floor.
    I have asked this question a few times, and still can’t figure out how to reach the pumps in my Bassport Pro? Mike- you say “it hinges in the front and folds over on the floor”

What does? It looks like the pumps are attached to a bracket, which is attached to a brace......
    at least that’s what it looks like. Does that bracket fold out? I could see changing cartridges might be easier, but I have a leak in my system. I think the housing is cracked.

Am I missing some top secret method you guys are using?

Thanks guys-

MET
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MET View Post
    I have asked this question a few times, and still can’t figure out how to reach the pumps in my Bassport Pro? Mike- you say “it hinges in the front and folds over on the floor”

What does? It looks like the pumps are attached to a bracket, which is attached to a brace......
    at least that’s what it looks like. Does that bracket fold out? I could see changing cartridges might be easier, but I have a leak in my system. I think the housing is cracked.

Am I missing some top secret method you guys are using?

Thanks guys-

MET
    In my 2+2 the livewell pumps are in the trash can area and the bilge pumps are in the rear under
    the battery and oil tank. The bilge pumps, I had to take the battery and oil tank out to get to them which is a bit of a pain. The 2 seater may be laid out differently than a 2+2, not sure? I'll be in mine this evening getting ready for a tournament so I'll snap a couple of pictures of my layout.
    2008 Allison XB21 2+2
    2011 Mercury 300XS

Sorry MET --- I misspoke about the BasSport-- The "Hinge" was in my last rig ProSport..
    I've not had to do much with this BasSport yet and looks as though the only access is from the little cover plate in front or from the bilge area.
    The bracket attached to the brace should have two screws holding it..Should have a quick connect coupling on each end of housing. On the Prosport I loosened the bracket first and it made the job a little easier.

I keep thinking I am missing something. I see almost no chance that I can my arms in there to get to those pumps the way they are mounted.

Any suggestions from someone who has done this on a 2 seater?

I would pay an organ grinders monkey to go in there and hand them out......any leads where I can find one?

Thanks- MET
    MET/ XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite - 300xs