Banned

Raising a HI-JACKER JACK PLATE

My motors sitting 4" p2p and I want to bring it up to 3 1/2 to help the hole shot among other things, is anyone familiar with this jack plate? I think I have to loosen the 4 bolts on the side and then lower the two nuts on the top bolts and turn the bolt head counter clock wise, I have room to sit a level across the plate the motors bolted too. Would this be correct?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    Don't have that style of jack plate. One thing to do before you move it is to use a marker to mark where it is right now so you have that as a baseline to go back to when searching for the sweet spot. I lowered my motor and put a piece of 2 x 4 under the skeg and took the load off the plate before I started moving it. And I think you're correct. Loosen the side bolts and use the other one to make the adjustments.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KYRANGERMAN View Post
    Don't have that style of jack plate. One thing to do before you move it is to use a marker to mark where it is right now so you have that as a baseline to go back to when searching for the sweet spot. I lowered my motor and put a piece of 2 x 4 under the skeg and took the load off the plate before I started moving it. And I think you're correct. Loosen the side bolts and use the other one to make the adjustments.
    thanks, most I've seen has that one bolt running through the middle that might help keep the motor level, Mine has those top bolts on each side so I'm thinking Ill get my boat level and then put a level on the JP to make sure it raises level. if that make since. lol

4. Member
    Putting a level on the plate is useless,it’s best to measure the distance between the brackets on each side.If memery serves correctly,the aluminum block the adjustment bolts go through aren’t threaded. Loosen the bottom nut on each side and turn the top nuts CW to raise,which is what you want to do. Turn the top nuts one half to one full turn,one at a time.

5. Member
    Use electrical tape to mark where JP currently is. Loosen the 4 side bolts and turn center bolt to raise. Tighten the 4 side bolts back when you get it where you want it. Don't go too high. Raising is easier than lowering.
    2017 TRITON 21 TRX ELITE DC
    2023 250 MERCURY PRO XS
    23 FURY 3
    Z LOCK 10" JACKPLATE
    LOWRANCE GHOST 36V
    Garmin 93sv
    Garmin LVS34
    Rite Hite Turret
    HDS 12 GEN 3
    HDS 9 GEN 3

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slickrick6922 View Post
    My motors sitting 4" p2p and I want to bring it up to 3 1/2 to help the hole shot among other things, is anyone familiar with this jack plate? I think I have to loosen the 4 bolts on the side and then lower the two nuts on the top bolts and turn the bolt head counter clock wise, I have room to sit a level across the plate the motors bolted too. Would this be correct?

Theres a good chance the center vertical bolt will strip threads if used to try to lift motor. These plates get an oxidation bond between them and that bond needs separation.

Try setting a floor jack under skeg to support up and down movements. Use the center bolt to secure elevation, then tighten side bolts to torque spec.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by eastenfish View Post
    Use electrical tape to mark where JP currently is. Loosen the 4 side bolts and turn center bolt to raise. Tighten the 4 side bolts back when you get it where you want it. Don't go too high. Raising is easier than lowering.
    there is no center bolt, look at the photo. lol

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM64 View Post
    Theres a good chance the center vertical bolt will strip threads if used to try to lift motor. These plates get an oxidation bond between them and that bond needs separation.

Try setting a floor jack under skeg to support up and down movements. Use the center bolt to secure elevation, then tighten side bolts to torque spec.
    there is no center bolt on this JP. lol

I think the "Pro" Hi-Jacker has the center bolt. And the Hi-Jacker has the side adjustable bolt. But yes, make sure you throw some lube like CRC or liquid wrench penitrating type oil before adjusting the bolt. You dont want to gall them threads. I have to pro Hi-jacker.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!