Hoosier National Forest

Anyone know what the Hoosier National Forest small lakes look like (Water level, Water clarity) ? Particularly Indian-Celina Lakes? Thanks in advance!

Thanks!

2. Member
    If I remember, I’ll ride over there tomorrow and check it out.

3. Member
    Better till Mrs BassinPaPaw to remind you.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BassinPaPaw View Post
    If I remember, I’ll ride over there tomorrow and check it out.
    Did you ever get the chance to check it out?

5. Member
    FWIW, I dropped by Celina today. Water level is clear as usual but low. If launching a bigger bass boat alone, you may have issues. Or your feet/legs will be wet.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    FWIW, I dropped by Celina today. Water level is clear as usual but low. If launching a bigger bass boat alone, you may have issues. Or your feet/legs will be wet.
    I went fishing there Sunday. Indian was blown out and brown and Celina water color looked great but was super low. We caught a few fish but they had big heads and skinny bodies. Wonder What does Celina have going on with it? Leak?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise11140 View Post
    I went fishing there Sunday. Indian was blown out and brown and Celina water color looked great but was super low. We caught a few fish but they had big heads and skinny bodies. Wonder What does Celina have going on with it? Leak?
    They've been lowering it in the winter the last few years, idk why.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    They've been lowering it in the winter the last few years, idk why.
    I was told that they are trying to kill a lot of the grass in the lake by letting it freeze. I assume the water level will be coming back up soon. I feel like Celina should have some great fish in there but it's usually pretty tough.

I'm from Perry Co and have a few uncles that fish there regularly. That is where the majority of my info comes from. I went to Saddle a few weeks back and it was in surprisingly good shape and a little low itself.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by King31 View Post
    I was told that they are trying to kill a lot of the grass in the lake by letting it freeze. I assume the water level will be coming back up soon. I feel like Celina should have some great fish in there but it's usually pretty tough.

I'm from Perry Co and have a few uncles that fish there regularly. That is where the majority of my info comes from. I went to Saddle a few weeks back and it was in surprisingly good shape and a little low itself.
    I had kind of figured that about the weeds, since they were doing it to Tipsaw as well. Not really sure why, the weeds generally help the fishing. I like fishing Celina, especially in the heat of the summer. Since it can be so tough for most, I can have most of the lake to myself to enjoy.